What Kind Of Blogger Are You?

I often read some posts in amazement.

The time a blogger has taken to write their post, the attention to detail, the sheer beauty of their creation, and I wonder whether I am doing things right.

Don’t get me wrong, I can also be relatively thorough, and craft a pretty post, with all-singing, all-dancing links, photos, and lots of information, but I am seriously in awe of those who manage these types of posts on a regular basis!

but I think I am most definitely a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal. When something comes to mind, I need to write it then and there, and preferably post it straight away too!

Case in question, I was sat in my car, in the Asda carpark this morning, when the thought for this post came up. Forget my frozen food, slowly thawing in the boot, and the fact that I needed to get back to bake a carrot cake for Lil Man… words were bubbling in my brain! I needed to get them out, and typed up as fast as I could! Thank you so much Notes App on my phone!

The following verse is what flowed, to a background noise of shoppers and car washers, cars and kids!

Which One?
Are you a grafter
A blog post grafter?
Spending days, if not weeks
Making minute tweaks
A masterpiece creator
Looking up data
Editing until words swim around
Thankful you corrected the errors you found
Able to post a piece that is perfect
And sure it’ll have the desired effect
Or are you a blogger
Who seizes that fodder
And write as it hits
No idea will you miss
You write from the heart
All areas you chart
Some post, short and sweet
Some long, written in heat
Some that you treasure and some that you rue
All showing a true reflection of you

Ritu 2016

So, what kind of blogger areΒ you?

1. Damita M-S
    Jul 16, 2016 @ 17:21:57

Honestly, I’m still trying to figure out what type of blogger I am. I like to plan but lately I have made Friday’s the day to talk about my week so I sit and write it. I do look for photos that match the tone of the post. Right now I would say I’m a blogger that takes a moment and writes.

Thanks.

2. Iamrealwood
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 12:26:41

I blog from the heart.

Jul 03, 2016 @ 17:52:33

Usually writing as it comes and scheduling some posts.

4. Geetha B
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 16:09:58

Like you I go with the flow when writing and almost never correct except if I noticed after posting that I have missed out a word or deleted a part of it (happens because I type fast when the idea is with me)
    I take some time in choosing the picture (more than the actual typing of the poem) because there is so much choice but usually the pictures like the song links just pop up when I google a word that is meaningful for me within the poem.

5. Army of Angels
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 15:26:37

I’m Definitely writing from the heart as it comes! Writing soothes my soul.

Jul 03, 2016 @ 13:46:03

I love this! I am exactly the same kind of blogger as you, sis! I think all of my posts are written like the ones I do for Stream of Consciousness. I just sit in front of the laptop and let it flow!
    For me, it is not always a good thing as I might find that in my haste I have overlooked a couple of typos or something! The thing that takes the longest time with my posts is finding an image and editing it to suit my blog! πŸ™‚

7. Tim Taylor
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 13:21:33

Awesome post, as always! I’ve been thinkin’ about this as I was readin’ the comments, and I don’t really know how to describe my style(s), As you know, right now I’m runnin’ 3 active blogs and each one is completely different than the others. On THB I’m just plain ‘ole me, writin’ what I feel or about a cherished memory. On Hillbilly’s Opinion, I take a more serious tone since it deals with what’s goin’ on in today’s world and on my newest endeavor, Dealing With Dementia, it’s a much more serious tone and I intend to be open and share the raw emotions that come along with bein’ moms caretaker. On all three however, I write when the inspiration hits me, whether it be once or several posts a day on one or all of my blogs. I never schedule a post but I do proofread every post at least three times before I publish. Sorry for the long comment πŸ˜€

Jul 03, 2016 @ 10:44:51

That is the cool thing about blogging: We all are different bloggers and that is what inspires each other! YAY for the difference!!!!

9. Rareity
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 09:53:06

Shucks ok correcting typos in order. Be* after* writing* in* rearrange* wrote* onestory messaged* seat* of the pants
    Forspark …… “Auto correct… killing phone conversations on the daily.”

10. Asahela
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 09:48:59

I’m a bit of both, if I’m writing a review it takes a few days to write up in notes and tweek until it’s perfect. But, if it’s been a few days since my last post I throw in a quick family post that I would have just made on the spot . I’m still trying to come to terms that people now call me a writer! let alone what kind of blogger I am lmao πŸ˜‚

11. Rareity
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 09:48:51

I’m a heat of the moment blogger. If my moment turns into a poem, I’ve been writing poems for so long they tend to ve easy to craft. Sometimes, Iafter hitting down my musing in my car, I’m the bathroom, during a walk, etc. I edit and rearranged my words to be beautiful together. I almost write a Crystals Tale about a month ago, but as I was typing it, some on from that storyx messages my phone, and started drama and I personally felt as though the story needed to be drowned for a while. That moment when…. (Just no) away of the pants writer for sure. Sometimes I search d that muse, and exercise with my headphones on until that soark hits.

12. Don Royster
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 08:26:29

I don’t think there is a correct way to post. It’s really up to what works for you.

I am a scheduler. Some days I come up with three or four posts. Those are the rough drafts. Before I schedule a post, I go through it at least twice looking for errors. Then I look through it the night before it’s going to go live. Still I miss things. There are a number of reasons I schedule. One is that I like to bring a variety to my posts. I may do two serious pieces, but then I will try to do a comic piece. I do put a lot of thought into each post. One question I struggle with is whether this is an appropriate post for my blog.

Also I try to do something appropriate for specific holidays. For instance, Monday is our annual Independence Day celebration. So I wanted to do something that seemed to me to stand for the country’s meaning. Friday’s Creative Corner was Congressman John Lewis, an active civil rights participant. Sunday I am focusing on my country’s history of immigration. Monday the movie I feature is an immigrant’s story.

I also read all my reader’s comments to make sure I am on a right track.

Jul 03, 2016 @ 09:04:44

See! I am in awe of bloggers like you who are able to be so thoughtful about your posts!
      I always try to post about dats of importance too, and if I am to be away, I try to schedule a couple …. But that’s as far sups my organizing goes!
      Blogging is where I’m definitely not showing my Virgoan nature!!!!

13. Rajiv
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:59:51

I am a crazy blogger

14. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:28:01

Wonderful poem, Ritu! I always enjoy ALL of your your posts! 😊 xo

15. quintessentialeditor
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:20:46

You talk about wondering if you are doing things right and then you drop this tender poem on our heads. Trust me, you are doing it right. You keep writing, I’ll keep reading.

Jul 03, 2016 @ 09:00:05

Aw thank you!
      I guess sometimes you read something, knowing how long it may have taken someone… And marvel at their skills, then wonder whether your posts, written on the spot, in moments sometimes, are really what people want to read….
      But it’s just a moment of insecurity… I couldn’t change, even if I wanted to!

16. Shadeau
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 04:35:55

Had to look up the word “grafter”. Guess I’m a middle of the roader–I do some editing and tweaking, look a post over a few times–but I don’t agonize like I used to 5 years ago…thank goodness πŸ™‚

17. oxygen4thejourney
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 03:27:34

Love the poem! And the post. Made me think.
    I enjoy writing, my blogs are often the best when I am happy. I am fairly transparent with my life and will share an experience if it offers some helpful pointers for others.
    I like blogging energy, so when my readers read it they get a gush of energy for themselves. We are all on a journey, the journey is easier when you can share the ups and downs and celebrate with others.

18. jlfatgcs
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 01:46:54

I seize the fodder, write from the heart. Very much so. Lovely poem, and a great post. Thank you! -Jennie-

19. Tony Burgess
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 01:29:20

I am a in the moment, situational blogger who chronicles the events of life and curates the things I am interested in. Blogging is life!

20. elementhealing
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 01:21:37

I love the poem, very cool! I am a little bit of both. I do plan and research some of my posts, some are light bulb moments that I have to get out as quickly as possible or my head will burst. Some posts are from my guides.

21. Marquessa
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 01:19:43

A bit of both. Jot down my ideas on a calendar, see if there is a theme around them, draft and schedule it to post at a later date. But you are a natural Ritu!

22. vanbytheriver
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 01:17:43

Right ? There is no right in blogging, Ritu. You’re doing just fine. ☺ I write when inspired, not ever sure where it will come from, and I love that.

Keep on doing what you do. πŸ’– It works.

23. Human Interest
    Jul 02, 2016 @ 23:35:13

I don’t even know what kind of blogger to call myself… Any ideas since you’re on the receiving end of my content?

24. beeorganizedwithpamela
    Jul 02, 2016 @ 23:33:12

I have a schedule. But I am not the best a proofing so if you follow my blog you may see a few (Maybe more than a few) typo’s. But I love writing and I especially Love helping others.

25. ellenbest24
    Jul 02, 2016 @ 22:53:45

A bit of both, I plan and tweak regular posts, serial stories for instance. My blog is interspersed with pieces of me, spontaneity and free. Does it work? Could I do better? Probably, but that’s like saying I could be a better me.πŸ˜‡

26. The Storyteller
    Jul 02, 2016 @ 22:51:06

I am one who either has to write down post ideas so I don’t forget them or I write them on the spot… So I don’t know where that puts me πŸ˜‚

Jul 02, 2016 @ 22:55:08

A bit like me! That notes app is priceless for me! I have a tab ready, named blogger fodder, for all those split second ideas that come, so if I can’t write straight away, I can jot notes and use them later!

27. Lynn Thaler
    Jul 02, 2016 @ 22:29:42

I’m a “make it up as I go along” kind of blogger.