Day 24 #Loveuary ❤ – Flowers

loveuary

Valentine’s Day has become synonymous with flowers, or red roses more than anything.

In the lead up to that special day, ten days previous, the shops were full of flower displays. All shades of red and pink were bursting out of plastic buckets, begging to be bought!

20170213_121051

Tesco’s display

Now I do love a good flower, a beautiful bouquet, as much as the rest, But I feel sad that exorbitant mounts of money are exchanged for these blooms that don’t last very long, or get chewed by Sonu Singh!

This year I said to Hubby Dearest that a card would suffice. We don’t need the wishy-washy extras! He didn’t listen… but I got a different bloom…

20170214_165905

A Chocolate Rose! Perfect! It wouldn’t last any longer than a real flower… I could scoff it in one sitting, but hey, flowers and chocolates combined into one, a great idea!

loveuary-logo

Remember, feel free to take part in #Loveuary! Just ping back to the daily post, as in this one for today! And if you are at a loss for a prompt, then visit my rules post here for a list of prompt suggestions!

Feb 24, 2017 @ 21:18:47

The perfect gift! 🙂

2. New Journey
    Feb 24, 2017 @ 17:10:36

My sister was here over Valentines day so we waited until she left to do all the fun mushy stuff…LOL we went to Sedona for Valentines day, however we had a big breakfast and was never hungry for lunch or dinner and the closer to home we got the choice of restaurants went down the road behind us…LOL so we are doing our Valentines day dinner today….nothing like stretching it out over a couple weeks….LOL

Feb 24, 2017 @ 09:28:06

How did it taste Sis🙂

Feb 24, 2017 @ 09:27:26

Excellent , I agree the prices soar at Valentine’s it is really extortionate! Love that rose! 💜💗💓

5. Trackback: Loveuary Day. Sisters | willowdot21
    Feb 24, 2017 @ 08:22:06

Yes, chocolate roses are better… lol!

7. Miriam
    Feb 24, 2017 @ 07:00:29

What a great idea. I’ve never seen one, let alone eaten one. 😊

8. Trackback: #Loveuary Day 24th Special Male Mr Grump
  9. susieshy45
    Feb 24, 2017 @ 06:16:18

I have never had one or seen one but the idea seems delicious.
    Susie

Feb 24, 2017 @ 05:27:49

I love those chocolate roses, Ritu.