WRITESPIRATION #106 52 WEEKS IN 52 WORDS WEEK 10 – The Big Birthday

Sacha’s back with a special prompt.. because, erm, well, she is getting a little more, ahem,  mature this week!

Your challenge is to write your story using the weekly theme/prompt and write it in just 52 words…. EXACTLY, no more, no less.
This week is a rather significant week for me so let’s theme the writespiration accordingly. This week, your prompt is:

The Big Birthday

writespiration-2017

Tomorrow is THE DAY!
Tomorrow it will all change,
Finally I’ll go from child to adult
My opinions will count.
I can do whatever I want!
It’s here!
nothing’s changed…
Mum’s still nagging me to get up.
I still have to go to college.
So much for my big birthday.
Eighteen? Over-rated!

1. Sacha Black
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 21:53:58

PAHAHA, omg that was so true for me too! It was devastating! hahahaha

2. oneta hayes
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 15:14:39

Here’s my post about the Big Birthday. I would never have made it in your 52 word challenge. I’ll look for the next prompt; maybe I’ll give it a try. https://onetahayes.com/2017/03/10/emancipated-whos-free-2/

3. Trackback: EMANCIPATED! WHO’S FREE? | Sweet aroma
  4. oneta hayes
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 05:40:50

Ritu, tomorrow I am posting a blog from last year on this subject. I have a link to this site. After I post I will come give you my link. Hope that is okay.

Mar 09, 2017 @ 07:08:29

HaHA! Well said, Sis! I remember not being able to wait until I was 18, but it didn’t change much at all! 🙂

6. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 21:34:57

Great job, Ritu! 🙂

7. dornahainds
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 15:45:54

Fabulous! 😎

8. dornahainds
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 15:45:54

Fabulous! 😎

Mar 08, 2017 @ 12:14:40

We have just had a spate of family birthdays which finishes this Saturday, thank goodness. Nothing close to 18 though, Greg, at 14, is the oldest of the pack.

Mar 08, 2017 @ 11:07:25

Hehe! In two month that day is coming for my son. But I don’t think he bothers with being allowed to do more… lol! He already has more or less all freedom since he is reliable and reasonable… thank God!

The Inspirational Warrior

Blogging about little things we can do to Improve our Mental Health and our Financial Health

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.