WRITESPIRATION #106 52 WEEKS IN 52 WORDS WEEK 10 – The Big Birthday

Sacha’s back with a special prompt.. because, erm, well, she is getting a little more, ahem,  mature this week!

Your challenge is to write your story using the weekly theme/prompt and write it in just 52 words…. EXACTLY, no more, no less.
This week is a rather significant week for me so let’s theme the writespiration accordingly. This week, your prompt is:

The Big Birthday

writespiration-2017

Tomorrow is THE DAY!
Tomorrow it will all change,
Finally I’ll go from child to adult
My opinions will count.
I can do whatever I want!
It’s here!
nothing’s changed…
Mum’s still nagging me to get up.
I still have to go to college.
So much for my big birthday.
Eighteen? Over-rated!

1. Sacha Black
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 21:53:58

PAHAHA, omg that was so true for me too! It was devastating! hahahaha

2. oneta hayes
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 15:14:39

Here’s my post about the Big Birthday. I would never have made it in your 52 word challenge. I’ll look for the next prompt; maybe I’ll give it a try. https://onetahayes.com/2017/03/10/emancipated-whos-free-2/

3. Trackback: EMANCIPATED! WHO’S FREE? | Sweet aroma
  4. oneta hayes
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 05:40:50

Ritu, tomorrow I am posting a blog from last year on this subject. I have a link to this site. After I post I will come give you my link. Hope that is okay.

Mar 09, 2017 @ 07:08:29

HaHA! Well said, Sis! I remember not being able to wait until I was 18, but it didn’t change much at all! 🙂

6. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 21:34:57

Great job, Ritu! 🙂

7. dornahainds
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 15:45:54

Fabulous! 😎

8. dornahainds
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 15:45:54

Fabulous! 😎

Mar 08, 2017 @ 12:14:40

We have just had a spate of family birthdays which finishes this Saturday, thank goodness. Nothing close to 18 though, Greg, at 14, is the oldest of the pack.

Mar 08, 2017 @ 11:07:25

Hehe! In two month that day is coming for my son. But I don’t think he bothers with being allowed to do more… lol! He already has more or less all freedom since he is reliable and reasonable… thank God!

w

Heart of a (Student) Nurse

Follow Rae as she works through, and quite possibly b***ches about, nursing school!

Life of Fai

Writings of a sassy brown girl who wonders why she's still single - hobbies include smelling my own hair and bragging about my immunity to shingles.

Thellys Lifestyle and Travel

Lifestyle, Travel, Health and Reviews

johnrieber

Burgers, Bacon, Music, Movies, Offbeat Adventures & Exploitation!

Bake and Write

Musings and memories, words and wisdom... of a working family woman

Forktrails

Indulgent escapes of the Banjaran Foodie

A writer & her sentimental muse

A Creative Life is a Life full of Hope and Joy (Formerly A writer & her adolescent muse)

purehaiku

traditional haiku in the english language

Cats and Trails and Garden Tales

Musings on cats, gardens, travel and life