Lorna’s Gin-spiring Prompt #6 – Crossed Wires #Ginspired

The lovely Lorna over at Gin & Lemonade With A Twist Blog has started a new writing prompt.

She hasn’t named her challenge, so I have – Lorna’s Gin-spiring Prompt!

Gin-spired

This week, we have the word: Crossed Wires

It’s all too easy to get your wires crossed, isn’t it?

You could be talking about one thing, and the person listening could be taking everything you say in the totally opposite way, depending on their mindset at the time.

Sometimes it can be amazing to see which way a perfectly innocent conversation can end up going if those wires get crossed.

It’s happened to me plenty of times.

I make a perfectly innocent comment, and it gets misconstrued, then you have a whole load of explanations to make to clear up a mess that really should never have even been made!

There are the harmless wires crossed things, like two people each thinking the other said they would bring the wine… (though that may not be harmless to some!) Sure, you might be thirsty, but it’s not end of the world!

Then there is the “When I said yes, I meant to a drink, not marriage!” kinda wires crossed, that can get you into all sorts of trouble too!

I had a recent incident, actually, which I cannot fully divulge, but it wasn’t a fun kind of crossed wires. And it wasn’t actually anything I had said,yet it involved days of uncomfortable silences… no fun at all.

Oct 13, 2018 @ 21:21:03

You are striking a chord here. Just had an issue with my sister who communicates something in a wrong and therefore in a mean way. Since it is in relation to the upcoming wedding I had to decide whether to react and clarify the situation (which could even fire up everything) or to not react at all and risk that the false message is spread. Here too, not fun at all!

2. Jennie
    Oct 13, 2018 @ 14:26:14

😀😀😀

3. thereluctantpoet
    Oct 13, 2018 @ 02:01:08

Great post! I had two friend that agreed to meet at a local restaurant
    at a certain time and they were both upset about being stood up until they realized that they each went to a different location.

xoxoxo

4. fancypaperblog
    Oct 12, 2018 @ 18:59:27

Oh crosses wires. A staff room nightmare in my world ☺

Oct 12, 2018 @ 13:47:27

Those crossed wires can blow a fuse or spark something unexpected. I like this a lot Sister 🙏🏽💜

6. shelleywilson72
    Oct 12, 2018 @ 08:40:59

It’s easy to get your wires crossed over text – I try to use an abundance of !!! so people know when I’m joking otherwise eeek!!! 😉

7. CarolCooks2
    Oct 12, 2018 @ 08:11:14

As you say crossed wires can be anything and awful when it is totally misconstrued 🙂