Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 203 – Ring In The New…

img_00411

“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.” T.S.Elliott

Thank you Spidey for a thoughtful quote to start the year with!

A new year is always a great time to start a new chapter of your life, with fresh, new intentions and hopes for the following 365 days, and further.

I have seen this a lot over the last few years, people choosing a word for the year. Focussing on this word to help then create a better life for themselves and those around them, like Purpose, or Change, or Fearless, that kind of thing.

Instead of a resolution, it is the intention to make a lasting change, that seems to have really helped many out there, so I embraced this concept this year and my word for the year is…

SELF

I don’t mean to say that I will be just thinking about myself, being selfish or anything like that, but I have discovered that you can spend your life and energy trying hard to make life perfect for everyone else around you, and that is not a bad thing to do, but you forget that you are just as important as the others, you can’t make that difference.

You end up functioning on a depleted battery, in danger of shutting off at key moments.

So, my word, self, is about making sure I take time out to look after myself too, be it a nail appointment, to watching a film that I want to, a weekly bubble bath (that NEVER happens) or a cup of tea with just my thoughts for company. It’s me making a choice to do the things that mean a lot to me, not sacrificing my loves for everyone else all the time.

I am cutting back on blogging a little for myself too. The added pressure of posting regularly, was not conducive to a productive me on the writing front, so I have removed that pressure and as a result, am steadily doing my first reread and tweak of the year, with the hope that I should have this manuscript ready to either send to agents, or even publish, indie style before the end of the year!

I’m already feeling the benefits, and hope I can carve out time for me every day, so I can be a better person for everyone else!

So… tell me, do you have a word for this year?

Have a peaceful Sunday Peeps  And enjoy your week and your new year! ❤

1. Savvy Raj
    Jan 18, 2019 @ 11:01:28

Lovely reflections … take care of yourself Ritu 💜🤗💜

2. joey
    Jan 07, 2019 @ 02:31:54

Yes, I love it. Self-care. Self-care you. ❤

3. thereluctantpoet
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 23:45:34

So very wise and I know this will be best for you, but my words are trembling at the thought that you may not be spending time with them!!! Me too! LOL! You go Girl on getting that book finished and published!!!
    xoxoxo

4. Invisibly Me
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 18:43:30

I love that T.S.Elliott quote, that’s brilliant! And you’re so right about trying to appease others and make things perfect for those around you, that we can neglect ourselves. I think ‘self’ is a great word for 2019. Wishing you a happy, healthy & bright New Year, Ritu! 🙂
    Caz xx

5. Jacquie Biggar
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 18:30:53

Our words align, Ritu. Mine is Breathe. I agree, we need to take care of ourselves if we want to help others {{hugs}}

6. rachaelstray
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 17:24:14

I did wonder how you managed to blog so often, work, prep and mark etc, be a mamma and a wife and have time to eat sleep and pee! I think you’ll feel so much better in yourself for taking some of the pressure off.

Jan 06, 2019 @ 17:46:17

I do hope so Rachael! Though I miss the extra creativity that the prompts give me, I’m crafting my own baby, the novel, not a real one, and it needs time!
      But giving me time to do my things definitely helps, and I signed up for a writers course, again, for me, to attempt at my leisure! Another thing for me!

Jan 06, 2019 @ 17:24:06

My word is FAITH because it breaks down what looks impossible and opens us up to all that is possible. Take care of YOU Sister and everything around you will benefit from it. 💜

Jan 06, 2019 @ 16:56:23

Maybe it’s publish. ? 💜💜💜

9. Ellen @ If It Brings You Joy
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 15:40:34

I have a hard time choosing just one word, but I chose FUN. In a way, it’s similar to your word, self. I want to focus on what brings me joy, and leave the rest behind. I blog about things that help make life a little better for yourself and others…. and I find both of those fun. So I think you and I are on a similar path for 2019. Inspiring read, thank you.

10. Christy
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 14:53:22

My word for the year is happiness. I love your picture of serene Spidey! 😊❤️

Jan 06, 2019 @ 15:12:50

Over 3 years ago my son was obsessed by Spidey. There were figurines all around the house. One morning, I walked into the bathroom and this is how he was sat, on the windowsill. He’s been with me for a long time on this blogging journey! Actually, just yesterday, Lil Man, my son, asked if he got a credit for the Spidey arrangement!!
      And I love your word! Happiness is key 🙂

11. OIKOS™-Publishing
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 14:04:34

I prefer yours too, Sis! 🙂 Michael

12. Michael Ogazie
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 12:32:08

Nice job!

Jan 06, 2019 @ 12:31:36

The self is the center. No matter, what we do or with whom we are. And only when we take care of the self we can share it in the most wonderful way. Take care of yourSelf.

14. robertawrites235681907
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 08:21:36

I have found as I get older, Ritu, that I cannot maintain quite the same pace, particularly with hosting family events. I too have decided to slow down a bit and broke the family into two parts for new year and then again on Friday. It is less work to have fewer people. These little changes make life easier for us.

Jan 06, 2019 @ 10:15:37

We have to think about ourselves Robbie, or we will break – quite simply. No one is invincible, but we can almost be, if we give ourselves the time and energy to do all we need!

15. Kim
    Jan 06, 2019 @ 08:11:51

What a great focus for the year!