What’s your genre?

So, budding writers, and prospective readers, for that matter, what IS your genre?
What do you like to read?
Non fiction or fiction! Science fiction? Vampire? Thrillers? Biographies? Romance? Historical? Chick Lit?
I know there are so many to choose from, I couldn’t list em all!
But I like to write, and read, children’s literature, poem style stories.
And when it comes to grown up writing, more humorous chick lit… With an Indian twist, drawing from my own past and experiences…
I like to call it more ‘chickpea curry’ lit!
The same fun, romance, humour as chick lit with a little added masala!!
Would that be of any interest to you?

1. Vashti Q
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 19:39:06

My go-to genres are fantasy, horror, thriller and sci-fi, but I’m trying to expand and read more books outside my genres. If it’s funny I’d probably like it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ xx

2. Marje @ Kyrosmagica
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 17:37:41

I love fantasy but delve into all sorts of other genres too! Its good to be adventurous and try new things!

3. Diana Frajman
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 16:24:55

I read about 3 books a week, (I don’t watch TV as a rule) I would say urban fantasy, chick lit and mystery is what I mostly read. In that order. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Carol
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 15:58:28

It is probably better to say what I don’t like Romance, Chik Lit and not keen on Biography’s ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Midlife Smarts
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 13:35:49

Love a psychological thriller and anything about the six wives of Hennry Viii. Bit random I know ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Jennifer
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 13:15:40

Chickpea Curry Lit? Bring it on.

7. Parul Thakur
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 13:15:31

I like to read and write non-fiction. More so if its memoirs or life in general – I love the ideas that can come. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. rachaelstray
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 13:12:34

Iโ€™d be interested definitely!!

9. Losing the Plot
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 13:03:34

Love Your play on words, you could even get away with โ€˜Chique Pea Litโ€™ ๐Ÿ™‚

I get anxiety every time I think about genre, I genuinely have no clue where I fit in, Iโ€™m still keeping fingers crossed itโ€™ll all work out in the end ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

10. razorbackwriteraus
    Jan 04, 2015 @ 10:49:41

Hehe….had to share this when I read the post. -pokes tongue out- โค

11. TvKapherr, CatsattheBar & BackHomeinBromont
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 23:59:29

The name alone has me sold! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Amber Danette
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 22:28:18

I tend to favour prose and contemporary poetry. I am also like you a fan of Children’s books and short stories. It takes a really sensational novel to keep my attention the whole way through.

13. weight2lose2013
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 20:52:53

If you write it, I shall read it! ๐Ÿ˜€ I like biographies, sci-fi and ancient history. I also like to read about the recording industry.

14. free speaking
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 19:28:14

I don’t have much time to read well not books anyway. On here I generally found blogs when researching bullying and stalking. I came here to find help. Anyway as for films I love horror and vampires. I even have a collection of vampire dolls. However recently I have become a little sidetracked with dreamworks films ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it could be my inner child trying to escape