A never-empty nest – Guest post by Ritu

The wonderfully talented Sue Vincent over at The Daily Echo asked me to guest post for her… Here it is peeps!

Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

I like having friends over – even when they have me blushing…  My guest today is Ritu Bhathal-Padhaal – from But I Smile Anyway. Ritu is a writer and blogger and was voted into third place for Most Inspiring Blog at the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards. You can read some of her work on her blog… like the serialised Wedded Stress.Today, she talks about being a daughter… and a Mum.

Untitled1The lovely Sue from the blog The Daily Echo invited me to write a guest post for her, and I was extremely honoured, and I have to say, a tad scared! If you are a regular reader of Sue’s blog, you know how amazingly she writes, and I don’t consider myself to have half the talent that she possesses!

Still, what to write about? I have to say, I was thinking, the other day on the…

View original post 749 more words

1. wafflemethis
    Oct 13, 2015 @ 05:03:29

Beautiful, Sis☺☺☺

Oct 12, 2015 @ 22:41:36

Ritu, that was such a wonderful guest post. I know what you mean when you suddenly think how your parents felt when you and your brother left. I am at that point now. My girl will move out by December first and moving in with her boyfriend. I often think of my mom, when I as the first one moved out. But we were not far (expect when I lived in the US). Beautiufl, Ritu! Family is what you are, sis! xoxo

Oct 13, 2015 @ 06:53:18

Thank you sis!
      I know I have time yet, but it’s still a scary thought, and family means everything to me 😊

• Erika Kind
        Oct 13, 2015 @ 11:36:45

Obviously, sis! I understand you. But it happens in steps. Although I have to say it is a bite to swallow once it is determined. But that is the circle of life. Right? We do all to prepare our kids for life. And once they are we don’t want to let them go… ☺ I am sure your kids will always love to be back with you as you are with your parents. You are an angel ☺

Oct 13, 2015 @ 20:34:18

Thanks sis, I hope so!
        I know yours won’t be able to stay away… Who could stay away from a wonderful mum like you? 😘😘😘💖💖💖

3. The V-Pub
    Oct 12, 2015 @ 13:20:26

That was so beautiful to read, Ritu!

4. YesterdayAfter
    Oct 12, 2015 @ 09:55:37

Very beautiful Ritu your piece touch me a lot for two reasons I have moved from Italy to US 13 years ago but my parents and brother are there, we can’t see each other very much the long distance and life events doesn’t make it easy. I also have a beautiful daughter and now I know the sadness and pain my parents feel because they miss us. You wrote this post beautifully! ❤

5. Sue Vincent