Rest in Power, Ma’am #HMQueenElizabeth

I feel sad, deep down.

Queen Elizabeth the Second passed away peacefully at her Scottish home, Balmoral this afternoon, surrounded by loved ones.

It might sound strange, but, to me, it feels like losing a family member.

She was an amazing monarch, and though no one can get everything right, she got a whole lot more right that many others would have.

Rest in Power, beautiful soul.

1. SaaniaSparkle πŸ§šπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    Sep 15, 2022 @ 16:24:22

Condolences πŸ’

2. Jennie
    Sep 11, 2022 @ 14:51:27

I love the photos of every decade.

3. Jennie
    Sep 11, 2022 @ 14:51:06

This is a lovely tribute! Loosing one who has served for so long, and done so with dignity and humor, is a great loss to everyone.

Sep 10, 2022 @ 22:10:41

God bless her πŸ’œ

5. OIKOSβ„’- Art, Books & more
    Sep 10, 2022 @ 13:52:29

Let’s hope King Charles III will be also a rock for the United Kingdom. Best wishes, Michael

6. pensitivity101
    Sep 09, 2022 @ 21:39:43

Lovely Ritu. She will be so sadly missed.

7. Susie Lindau
    Sep 09, 2022 @ 15:46:29

She’ll always be my hero for staying active and rode her horse until LAST YEAR!!!

8. April Munday
    Sep 09, 2022 @ 08:24:21

It is a great loss indeed. I expected the sense of loss, but the teariness has taken me by surprise. I can’t hear someone refer to the King without bursting into tears.

9. Doug Thomas
    Sep 09, 2022 @ 06:20:59

Condolences on the loss of an extraordinary Queen and human being.

10. Book Club Mom
    Sep 09, 2022 @ 02:02:03

A wonderful tribute, Ritu.

11. marycatherinethomas
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 23:14:29

I have thought of you all day long. I am so sorry you have lost such an incredible Queen. She was beloved by many, including me. I am praying for your country’s loss, it is a great one.

12. KL Caley
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 22:07:41

A true icon. Beautiful tribute. I hope the little ones you teach find peace with the news. KL ❀️

13. beth
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 22:02:39

❀️

14. johnrieber
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 20:26:03

I worked with her son Edward on a TV project in 2000…met several time at Buckinham Palace and the Queen’s corgis would race down the hall while we were in meetings…never saw her but felt her there….RIP indeed

15. TanGental
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 20:05:47

I didn’t expect to be so teary. Thanks for saying that, Ritu.

Sep 08, 2022 @ 20:07:56

I’ve been teetering between tears and not all afternoon, since hearing the whole family were rushing to her. I’m deeply saddened. It’s like losing a beloved grandma πŸ˜’πŸ’”πŸ™πŸΌ

• TanGental
        Sep 08, 2022 @ 20:30:53

I think we will all be interested in hearing how you deal with this at school. For many it will be the first death of which they will be aware, I imagine and they won’t be able to ignore the impact on the adults around them. For my part, I don’t know what to do… the radio is burbling away, my computer is running but my mind feels disconnected to my senses… bloody hell.

Sep 08, 2022 @ 20:42:30

It will be strange. Most of my kids will only be aware if their parents discuss it.
        Obviously the previous cohort know more, since we celebrated her jubilee in style last year.
        I think it’s going to be tough…
        But we have to acknowledge it in a sensitive and age appropriate manner.
        I know I was glad my children were only in half days this week as once I heard she was unwell I was on tenterhooks all afternoon…

16. Colleen Chesebro: WordCraftPoetry
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 20:02:34

We all feel it, Sis. She was everyone’s Queen. πŸ’œ

17. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 19:51:00

Oh, Sis, I hung my head and sobbed… God Bless her. God Bless us, everyone. ❀

18. John W. Howell
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 19:50:32

I was 11 years old when she was coronated and I agree it’s like losing a member of the family. God Save the Queen.

19. Darlene
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 19:48:46

I think we all feel like we have lost a dear mother or grandmother.