Gay Love – Kids Logic Part 47

Ok, so I know it is one of those things that certain people will think of…

In a same sex relationship, who is the ‘man’and who is the ‘woman’ for biological reasons, obviously!

No, my kids did not actually raise this topic on that particular issue…

Somehow, they were discussing adoption, and it moved to gay couples adopting.

For a little background info, in our Indian culture, more ore less every family member has a specific name that you call them, so you know exactly how they are related… and if you are interested, I posted about that here.

Rather than the confusion of who is nanny, or granny, or grandma, or nana, or whatever you may call your grandmother, we have names already so you know exactly which grandparent is who, so your father’s father is a Baba, or Dadaji, and father’s mother is Bibi, Bebe, Dadiji or Dadima.  Your mother’s father is Nanaji, and your mother’s mother is Nanima, or Naniji.

My kids shortened them a little more, and we have Baba, Dama, Nanu and Nani.

Anyway, rather than work out who is the male or female in the relationship, when it comes to same sex partnerships, Lil Princess was more concerned with how they would know which grandparents get called Baba and Dama, and which Nanu or Nani!

I guess in a roundabout way, it comes down to the same thing, but for now it is a much simpler question, and thinking!

1. hotmessmemoir
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 00:34:31

Kids are smarter than we give them credit for. Really. Great post!

2. jeremy@thirstydaddy
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:26:58

they never cease to amaze

3. yesthismoment
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:02:12

If only we keep life as simple and uncomplicated as our children! They are such wonderful teachers!

4. anhistorianabouttown
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 11:19:30

I love easily kids can boil everything down to what matters 😀

5. afternoonofsundries
    Jan 31, 2016 @ 02:38:36

Huh, never thought of this! My MIL decided what her name would be, we had no input! My parents really didn’t care… Obviously in your culture it’s a respectful and important thing. Children’s minds are so fascinating 🙂

6. vanbytheriver
    Jan 25, 2016 @ 23:12:31

Kids…always thinking and opening up doors to conversation. ☺ That’s how it should be. 💘

Jan 25, 2016 @ 23:15:09

Oh I totally agree Van.. I think sometimes I am cutting it too close to the edge with them, and some conversations, but there are only so many white lies we can tell… We still talk about Santa, and the Tooth fairy though!

Jan 25, 2016 @ 23:04:37

They are getting slowly closer to the matter. But see… kids don’t care. It simply doesn’t matter.