#Blogmas2018 Ritu’s Blog Tips #6

Day 6!

My muse, my tea my workstation!

Be my guest. I can be your guest. Be everyone’s guest!

I’m not going mad, honestly! And no, I am not having a party or anything.

What I mean to say is consider guest posting, or inviting others to be a guest on your blog.

The exposure you get for being a host, if marketed correctly, and the new viewers and possible followers you can amas by being a guest on a fellow blogger’s site is immense!

You can find a whole new pocket of readers who discover you through someone else, and you can return the favour by hosting someone on yours!

1. stephrichmond
    Dec 07, 2018 @ 12:12:30

Reblogged this on S C Richmond.

2. thereluctantpoet
    Dec 07, 2018 @ 01:06:14

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

3. englishwithkirsty
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 21:04:41

I’ve been blogging for afew years now and think the amount of terrible pitches has gone up – mainly companies who want backlinks sending the same generic email to loads of bloggers. That’s sad because the pitches just look like spam.
    But guest posting with real people with something interesting to say can be great and I’ve had some really interesting experiences and come across new readers that way.

Dec 06, 2018 @ 21:31:02

I’ve only ever interacted with bloggers I ‘know’!
      I’m always wary of the spam-like emails I can receive from companies or people who ‘just found’ my blog…

Dec 06, 2018 @ 20:24:11

I always enjoyed both. I loved welcoming others and giving them the chance to introduce themselves and their blogs to get better known. And of course, it has always been wonderful to reach out to more wonderful people. Not in order to collect followers but in order to have a wider range for sharing. I hope, that when my situation has calmed down more, I am able to get back to that again.

Dec 06, 2018 @ 17:43:44

You are right about this, Ritu. It is fun too.

6. Rebecca Moon Ruark
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 16:22:52

Wonderful suggestion!

Dec 06, 2018 @ 14:45:16

Something I have considered from time to time, just need time to put that thought into action.

8. OIKOS™-Publishing
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 13:16:05

Great tip,Sis!
    By the way, For quite a while I have been thinking about developing a kind of magazine for a major promotion of blogs, authors and writers. Would like to make this appear regularly, and set it for free under http://www.issuu.com. With contributions from bloggers, writers and authors, and visual artists too. All for free, i only need content. 🙂 In English language, which should not hurt my desire to learn the language. If anyone interested, please pm me. Thank you!! Michael

9. tsepotheview
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 10:17:33

Nice one…

10. April Munday
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 08:05:09

Guest posting can be fun, but you do have to put in some work to understand the audience of the blog you’re guesting on.

11. shelleywilson72
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 07:19:59

I love this! Talking of being a guest – would you like to take part in my Real Women Real Lives feature in January? xx

12. lnrevs7com
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 06:51:54

13. scr4pl80
    Dec 06, 2018 @ 05:48:20

Yes, I’ve seen guest posts and wondered about that. The introvert in me takes over though. Who wants to read what I have to say and who would want to guest post on my little blog? I’m too new.

Dec 06, 2018 @ 06:51:34

You are not!! Put a request out there … You’d be amazed at how many respond!!!
      Or try and reach out to certain bloggers, asking if they’d like to write a guest post… Its a start. 😊