The Time He Was Right…

Okay… I have to admit it… I don’t always know everything…

Image result for wife is right meme
Google Image

A couple of weeks back, I had to head into London for the first of a two day training course for work. It was a pretty straightforward journey, though the walk from the station to the venue was fun, with my phone map taking me on a merry ride!

I do like having the day out to learn new things with other like-minded professionals, and was excited at the prospect of the second day out, which was yesterday.

Then I got an email to say the venue had changed.

It was still London, but East London, and that meant I had to find a different way of getting there.

All the route planner apps gave me long winded ways to arrive, insisting that I had to leave at the crack of dawn and take 6,000 different tube trains, to get there for 8.30am (yes, 6,000 is a bit of an exaggeration, but what’s a little retelling without a bit of embellishment?) ready for registration.

I sat and chatted with my Bro in Law (BIL) and Hubby Dearest about the best way to get there, as nothing was making sense to me.

Giphy.com

Even my BIL was confusing me, with routes that would need 2-3 changes.

Hubby Dearest calmly said, “It’s fine, you just need the fast speed train then one tube…”

But was I listening?

I sat studying a map for ages, my BIL getting more and more excited about how I could get there, and if I wanted to take a train at half past very early, I could join him, as that is when he usually goes.

But I was trying to avoid the overly early start…

I thought the train station would be the best place to go. They would give me the best route and train times in the kiosk.

Hubby tried to stop me going, but it was pointless, after all, I know best.

So Lil Princess and I went and spoke to the first ticket lady, who didn’t know where either Shadwell station, or Whitechapel were! She then pulled up the train app on her phone (which I had already looked at) and gave me a great route that included about 5 changes!

Lots of help.

Oh, and the advice I get a train to a specific station and take a 5 min walk to Bank tube station… when the actual station that is near where I would disembark was EmBANKment! That would have been fun if I’d listened to her!

I decided to try the actual ticket office, and the guy there was very helpful and friendly, but the same as the first woman I had spoken to. No clue as to how to properly advise me.

So, I turned back home, disappointed that I was in no better a position.

Hubby sat there, with his foot up (still being partially hoppalong at this moment) and said “So, have you found a good route?”

Bitmoji Image
Sheepish Ritu

I admitted that I was nowhere nearer to knowing where I was going than when I left.

Then he calmly pulled out his phone and showed me a tube map. “Here. You get the fast speed train, like I said, then the pink line there, do you see, the Hammersmith & City line, and it takes you straight to Whitechapel. One change, and you’re done. And it’s fast speed so you don’t have to be up too early.”

He had been right all along… But I just wouldn’t listen, would I?

The journey was great, in the end. I caught a train at 7.21am and was at the venue dead on 8.30am! And home by 5pm.

Perfect.

I may just listen to him a little more, once in a while…

Image result for wife is right meme
Maybe not always… Google Image

Can you admit when you are wrong?

1. Jonathan Caswell
    Jul 09, 2019 @ 19:38:58

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:

NOW PEOPLE—BE HONEST! πŸ˜€

2. Jonathan Caswell
    Jul 09, 2019 @ 19:38:14

WOULDN’T BE THE FIRST TIME!

3. thereluctantpoet
    Jul 06, 2019 @ 20:24:21

The graphic at the end of your post reminded me of a comic who said, “There’s three things you need to always remember to tell your spouse if you want to have a successful marriage – Honey, you’re right, I’m wrong, I’m sorry!” LOL! Hope you are having a great weekend, My Dear!
    xoxo

4. Rae Reads
    Jul 06, 2019 @ 03:40:16

I got engaged to my husband because he was Mr. Right. I just didn’t know his first name was Always. The worst part is he IS always right. He never asks me “Are you crazy”? when he knows I am wrong or “What are you thinking”? like Dr. Phil. He just says calmly, “Are you sure about that?” Then I KNOW I am wrong. Darn it, he’s always right. We will make 55 years on August 16th, and yes, he’s always right!

5. scr4pl80
    Jul 05, 2019 @ 18:51:19

I always say “Better mark the calendar, you were right and I was wrong.” That way he can check back and see there are not many days like that! – LOL

6. thereluctantpoet
    Jul 05, 2019 @ 05:30:07

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

7. Book Club Mom
    Jul 05, 2019 @ 02:25:00

Haha! I’m pretty stubborn when it comes to things like this, but I know (in my advanced age!) that the more insistent I get, the more likely it is that there’s a better way!

8. OIKOSβ„’-Publishing
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 21:22:27

OK, i understand. Visiting LDN i should take a cab. (Like elsewhere in the world.);-) A really wonderful story. Print ready?! πŸ™‚ Michael

Jul 04, 2019 @ 20:35:26

Haha!! But I understand when you are so covered in maps and thoughts the ears are a bit plugged… lol

10. pensitivity101
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 20:13:28

I do frequently because I am as a rule!
    However, as Hubby will tell you, his Dad gave him some brilliant advice for a long and happy marriage. he told him’ Just remember two important words: Yes Dear.’
    Actually this works for both of us!!

Jul 04, 2019 @ 18:44:21

I always listen to my husband when it comes to getting around, Ritu. I am terrible with directions and could get lost in my own suburb if I was stressed. Men do sometimes know better with a few small things [hahahah]

Jul 04, 2019 @ 16:03:06

Too funny Sister πŸ˜„ Glad you gave Hubby a good listening to πŸ’œ

13. Darlene
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 15:55:23

I can so relate to this post! LOL

14. Jennie
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 12:41:00

Oh, this could have been me! Glad you made it and listened to Hubby. πŸ™‚

15. bereavedandbeingasingleparent
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 11:38:39

I struggle with this sort of stuff. Partner would pull her hair out with frustration.

Jul 04, 2019 @ 10:23:50

I know that feeling well Sis I spend my life admitting I was wrong! Apparently everyone, even the dog knows better than me πŸ€­πŸ˜†πŸ€­πŸ€­πŸ˜†πŸ’œ

17. foodzesty
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 09:28:56

πŸ™‚

18. pranabaxom
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 06:59:39

Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other one says she is always right though most of the time she is notπŸ˜‚.

19. murshid_akram
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 06:34:27

I have seen many couples and I saw wife is mostly right…even the king of Jungle Lion keep quiet in front of his wife