Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!

Well, I’m back from my daytrip to the seaside with my little lovelies!

It was, all in all, a wonderful trip, though I didn’t take as many pictures as I would have liked, as I was being surrogate mum to one little girl who’s mummy couldn’t come along too… It was a great day for the kids, especially many who hadn’t been to a beach before, and a lovely bonding time for parent and child too!

We collected shells, crabs (dead and alive!) and seaweed, and paddled in the waves.Β  Ate ‘sandy’ sandwiches, and bought ice cream, made sandcastles, and dug out ‘boats’, made sand hurdles for the kiddies to jump over, among many other things!

And the big one for me was taking all these people on a train!Β  Luckily the staff I work with have been doing this for a long time, so I was in good hands, and so were all the children and parents!

But fret not, I got a few photos! Not sure what the quality will be like, but here goes!

The beautifully sandy beaches of Margate!

The beautifully sandy beaches of Margate!

One biggish 'dead' crab!

One biggish ‘dead’ crab!

One of the staff managed to catch a small crab, and a baby one too, and a shrimp! But I didn’t get a picture of that!

Shells! I love a good shell!

Shells! I love a good shell!

Seaweed still attached to it's rock base!

Seaweed still attached to it’s rock base!

You gotta bury your feet into the soft sand! Good exfoliation too!

You gotta bury your feet into the soft sand! Good exfoliation too!

A bit windy!

A bit windy!

A good old stick of rock or two, got to be done on a seaside trip!

A good old stick of rock or two, got to be done on a seaside trip!

Windswept in Margate!

Windswept in Margate!

Mr Seagull, who was desperately looking for food as we waited for our carriage back home!

And there we have it, my first class trip, as a teacher, to the seaside!

1. Trackback: It’s that Margate Time of Year Again! | But I Smile Anyway...
  2. joey
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 13:19:14

Lovely! We’ll be heading to the beach soon as well. Since we are landlocked here in the center of the country, it’s a bit more of a trip πŸ˜‰

3. edwinasepisodes
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 07:44:00

Looks like you all had a good time. I haven’t been to Margate for years! I had to laugh at the commenter who wanted to see women in bikinis! You are right, he would definitely not want to see that, unless he wants to be traumatised! How sweet that the little girl fell asleep on you on the way back. Bless her! πŸ™‚

4. susieshy45
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 06:59:38

Ritu,
    Reminded of “Noddy”‘s day at the beach or the toys tumbling off to the beach in many of Enid Blyton’s stories. Many of her little stories seemed to start or end on the beach and I can see why. From your photos and descriptions, it seems as if time has stood still and what one famous writer wrote about about 80 years back is almost the same today ( as described by another famous writer, in the making).
    Thanks so much for sharing and writing about your experiences.
    Susie

5. cornfedcontessa
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 03:19:31

I love the signs on the beach! Always important to know where the loo is! Looks like a good time was had by all. Great photos! PS. I love your sunglasses!

6. The Indecisive Eejit
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 22:50:54

Great photo’s, looks like a great day out. Love the Seagull picture though, it’s my favourite of the bunch πŸ™‚

7. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 22:45:33

Sounds like a lovely day, and you had good weather, too. Enjoyed your photos!

8. Persia Karema
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 22:03:27

I remember going to Margate as a child. Thank you for the memories! Ooh, sticks of rock too!

Jun 23, 2015 @ 21:54:45

Looks like an exciting trip and lots of fun. Glad all went well. I wonder who had more fun in the end… the teacher or the kids! Lovely photos, Ritu, thanks for sharing!

10. wafflemethis
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 21:53:10

Looks an amazing day. So who enjoyed it more the kids? The grown ups? Or you?😁😁😁😁

11. The V-Pub
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 21:50:27

Looks like a wonderful time, Ritu! Any lingering headaches for the song singing on the bus? πŸ˜€

Jun 23, 2015 @ 22:10:20

No, surprisingly headache free!!! And my little charge fell asleep on me, in the way home, like a good few of em! We tired them out!!!

12. Jim
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 21:48:40

great pics! no girls in bikinis???