Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 16 – “Calm”

image

Hugh photographically challenges us with calm this week…
1. Take or choose a photo that you’ve taken that for you denotes, calm.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 16 – “Calm”
3. Add the photo(s) you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section below so that other participants can view your post.

My offering…

image

Serenity is

Found in the peace of His home

A calmness of mind

Ritu 2016

Read as

Serenity is found on the peace of His home;

Found in the peace of His home, a calmness of mind

I always find that a sense of calm waves over me whenever I see our local Gurdwara.  We are lucky, we live literally a stone’s throw away, and I see this magnificent building every day.

It’s a great start to a day, and a wonderful way to finish one too!

The rainbow that day was just an added sense of calm that complemented the whole scene that morning.

1. joey
    Mar 26, 2016 @ 19:43:18

Super pretty picture — lovely prose as well 🙂

2. Janni Styles
    Mar 18, 2016 @ 22:09:46

Beautiful verse and photo, Ritu, nicely done.

3. Heena Rathore P.
    Mar 18, 2016 @ 08:32:05

So beautiful!

4. amommasview
    Mar 18, 2016 @ 05:22:45

Just so beautiful!

5. Judy Martin
    Mar 16, 2016 @ 07:21:38

That is a fantastic picture, Ritu, the rainbow enhances it even more. It does look so calm and peaceful. 🙂

6. reocochran
    Mar 16, 2016 @ 04:08:38

This is truly a wondrous photograph in so many ways, Ritu. Peaceful and meaningful with faith, beauty and light displayed. 🙂

7. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Mar 15, 2016 @ 22:59:40

So lovely and serene, Ritu. 🙂

8. D. Wallace Peach
    Mar 15, 2016 @ 22:53:06

Beautiful photo, Ritu. What a sight with the added rainbow. 🙂

9. Hugh's Views and News
    Mar 15, 2016 @ 22:40:14

What a magical calming photo and words, Ritu. How nice to start and end the day with that magnificent view. The rainbow certainly adds that final piece of calmness for me.

Mar 15, 2016 @ 20:59:46

The photo says it all and your words could not fit better, Sis! Very deep!

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life