Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 26 – ‘Distance’

It is time for Hugh’s weekly Photo prompt challenge.

Hugh's Weekly Photo Challenge - Logo

1. Take or choose a photo that you’ve taken which defines Distance.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 26 – ‘Distance’
3. Add the photo(s) you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section so other participants can view the post.

It seems like a really easy prompt, then you realise that actually, as Hugh said, you end up deleting most of the photos as they were out of focus, or there wasn’t what you actually wanted, in them.

I use my phone camera for pretty much all my photos, as it is easier. I don’t profess to be an expert photographer, and if they are good captures, its pure luck!

So off I went, scrolling through my photo album on my phone, and these were what I came up with.

The first is a photo of a sheep-filled field. I took this at the wedding reception we attended on Sunday. Standing there, allI could see were these fluffy white clouds clustered around the field, so I took the photo to show Hubby Dearest when I got back. When I looked at said photo, it didn’t look like that many, but if you zoom in, there are many little white dots that come into focus!

Bleat bleat
Sheep sheep
Everywhere you look!
Baa Baa
So Far
In every cranny and nook
Meh Meh
Here and there
Where’s the shepherd’s crook?
How many sheep?
Zoom in and see
In this photo I took!

Ritu 2016

And another is one I took of the fog one morning near our house. If you look closely enough, you can see the outline of the Gurdwara. It isn’t, in actual fact, much of a distance away, but seems so because of the fog!

Hidden from our view
Behind a curtain of fog
Yet He sees us all

Ritu 2016

Hope you liked my take!

1. joey
    May 21, 2016 @ 11:55:11

Love the sheep photo and poem!
    Also, you go to more weddings than anyone I know! (At least, for a person who doesn’t plan weddings for a living.)

2. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    May 19, 2016 @ 20:02:08

Love, love, love the sheep poem, Ritu. And the pics are great, too! 😊💛

3. jacquelineobyikocha
    May 18, 2016 @ 17:39:03

The first poem makes me smile , it’s fun and the second take makes me think. Great work

4. Hugh's Views and News
    May 18, 2016 @ 08:43:01

Two completely different takes on this week’s theme, Ritu. I was going to try and count the sheep but then remembered that counting sheep sends you to sleep, doesn’t it? 😀
    I always love your poems that accompany these photo challenges as well. Looks like a lovely location for the Wedding on the weekend.

5. Miriam
    May 18, 2016 @ 00:08:15

Great take on Hugh’s theme this week. Love the shot of the sheep filled paddock, but especially the fog, creates a great illusion of distance.

May 17, 2016 @ 22:07:57

I LOVE that poem about the sheep Sis. Fantastic 🙂

7. sonofabeach96
    May 17, 2016 @ 21:25:17

I love foggy mornings! 😃

May 17, 2016 @ 21:00:40

I love your second take. A great idea, Sis!