Did You Know It’s #WorldChocolateDay Today?

My life has been swallowed up by things the last few days, with inspections and such like, so when I found this little gem of information today, I thought “Why not post about Chocolate, my favourite food group, today, as a returning post!”

If you are a regular follower, you know how much I LOVE chocolate, and Malteasers, in particular. I am a firm believer that our chocolate is one of the best in the world, here in the UK!

2016-06-08-19.26.53.jpg.jpeg

My contribution to the Bloggers Bash food this year!

I have no Malteasers in the house at the moment! Gutted! (No, the above is not my personal stash, honest!)

But I do have a variety of chocolate from around the world, (well, Europe…!)

When we came back from Finland, my brother, knowing my sweet tooth, sent me home with a selection of chocolate from Finland.

20160616_205707.jpg

And I am being totally honest (and surprised with myself at the moment!) in saying that I have only eaten the Marabou Daim bar so far! That’s good going for me, we came back at the end of May!

Then, after the Bloggers Bash,Β Huggable Hugh, who knows of my chocolate fetish, sent me this…20160618_174746.jpg

Real Welsh Chocolate! I didn’t know there was a different type! Thanks Hugh!

And it doesn’t stop there.

On Monday evening, I came home, and there was a parcel waiting for me…

from my gorgeous Blog Sis,Β Erika Kind… containing…

20160704_183223.jpg

More chocolate, from Lichtenstein this time! This batch includes Dragee Keksi, which has a hint of Malteaser in it too!

Don’t worry, I will not eat it all at once… that would be silly, and greedy, and I don’t want to be sick! I may share some with the kids… but then again, I may not! (These are my treats!)

So if you weren’t aware, it’s World Chocolate Day today.

Go! Eat chocolate!!!

1. susieshy45
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 09:18:54

Ritu,
    You are one lucky woman !
    Happy Chocolate day to you !
    I visited the Cadbury world at Bourneville two days back and really now believe like you mentioned in one of your posts that British chocolates are better than any other. I loved the ones we bought and sampled.
    Love,
    Susie

2. beeseeker
    Jul 13, 2016 @ 14:47:00

World Chocolate day?
    Damn!
    How did I miss that?

3. KL Caley
    Jul 11, 2016 @ 11:15:00

Malteasers definitely has to be up there as one of the best! I must say Ritu I’m jealous of the mini Malteasers boxes – I don’t think we get those up north – lol. KL ❀

4. Hugh's Views and News
    Jul 08, 2016 @ 17:04:17

My goodness, Ritu. You seem to have chocolate coming from all over the world. I’d still vote Maltesers as the number one chocolate, though πŸ‘
    Keep on enjoying it. If not, then I will gladly take it off your hands πŸ˜ƒ
    Just found a very different flavour ice-cream, down here in Wales. Welsh Cake flavour. Didn’t try it, but I may just have to go back and do a VLOG about it πŸ˜ƒ

Jul 08, 2016 @ 17:07:31

Welsh cake flavour? ! Sounds erm… interesting! I’ll be looking out for that Vlog!!!!! Lol!
      I bust open the Welsh choc yesterday. It was yum!!
      And yes, my chocoholic nature is known worldwide now lol!!!

• Hugh's Views and News
        Jul 08, 2016 @ 17:17:04

Have you tried Welsh Cakes? I’ll send you some if you’ve not tried them. Not as nice as Maltesers, but they are excellent with a cup of tea. Now I’m living back in Wales, they are everywhere. There’s even a shop in Cardiff where you can watch them being made and then eat them straight off the bakestone. Some people like to spread butter on them, but I prefer mine plain.

Jul 08, 2016 @ 21:05:16

I have to admit I have never had Welsh Cakes! Are they a bit like scones?

• Hugh's Views and News
        Jul 09, 2016 @ 08:18:49

Yes, we could say that. However, they are flat, so can not be filled with cream and jam (or is it jam and cream?). πŸ˜ƒ I have had them with chocolate chips inside them, though. Great when they are warm and the chocolate has melted.

Jul 09, 2016 @ 08:48:12

Ooh don’t Hugh! I need to go,in a diet! It’s bad enough , all that chocolate taunting me, now you tell me about Welsh Cakes with Chocolate chips!!

5. Shadeau
    Jul 08, 2016 @ 05:15:36

I’m just guessing that Malteasers are like our Malted Milk Balls–wonderful!

6. TanGental
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 21:41:12

did i say think you for the personalized chocolate? If I didn’t they went down a storm and Mrs LP was esp grateful. She does raise the odd eyebrow at all these on line friends who are either women or gay (or both) or so it seems to her, but supplies of chocolate explain everything…

7. Becky Ellis
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 21:09:04

This is the best day in the WORLD! I love chocolate…thank you for reminding us of the importance of this special day!

8. busy lady
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 20:49:49

World Chocolate Day. I will have to go get some! Yum. Yum.

Jul 07, 2016 @ 20:36:02

Haha… Sis, I am bursting! You truly are a sweet tooth. Let me know if the Dragee Keksi have that similar effect like Maltesers on you. Milka is my favorite chocolate in which form ever it comes…. πŸ˜‹

10. Bee Halton
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 19:39:37

I just found out about an hour ago πŸ™‚ and had my share of Lidl dark chocolate πŸ™‚

11. andy1076
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 19:34:06

Can’t go wrong with chocolate till you faint today! woot! πŸ˜„

12. pensitivity101
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 19:33:19

Oh how could you, when I’ve had all my syns for the day!
    Someone once told me that Chocolate was a vegetable as it’s made from cocoa which is a plant.
    Good theory!. πŸ˜€