Books And Authors Who Coloured My Childhood – Part 6 – Dr Seuss

I think we must all know about Dr Seuss, the Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, The Grinch, Green Eggs and Ham…

The writer who may have introduced rhyme to a lot of us, even though we didn’t know it at the time!

I don’t remember having many of the Dr Seuss books at home, but I remember searching for them in the bookshelves at school and bringing them home, to devour in one sitting!

As I got to the age of impending parenthood, as you may have noticed already, I made sure that these were one set of books (among many others!) that I must get for my children to be, and even for use in school, reading to my class!

My mini set!

My mini set!

Again another bundle of books my kids loved to read!

And I was so happy to find these to help them with their literacy and numeracy too!

Learning books!

Learning books!

Again Dr Seuss is another author whose books have inspired people to make movies!Β  How The Grinch Stole Christmas was a cartoon version made in 1966, which I only watched recently, in Film Club that I run in school! Now you have the Jim Carrey version, and there is the Lorax too, The Cat in the Hat, and Horton Hears a Hoo!

A couple of years ago, I also found this compilation of ‘lost’ Dr Seuse stories, which I had to get…obviously!

Lost stories

Lost stories

What is your favourite Dr Seuss book?

Read part 1 here.
Read part 2 here
Read part 3 here
Read part 4 here
Read part 5 here
But I Smile Anyway...

1. Trackback: Flashback Friday! | But I Smile Anyway...
  2. Ann GrubbsnCritters
    May 15, 2015 @ 01:57:46

Dr. Seuss books are great! Next to Calvin & Hobbies, I’ve slowly started to collect Dr. Seuss again for the kids. They are into Mc Boing Boing now and can’t get enough of it! I haven’t come across bipolo seeds – looks like a fun read!

3. Damita M-S
    May 15, 2015 @ 00:31:50

I had most of this collection. I loved Green Eggs and Ham! My mother would try and steer me away from that one because she got tired of reading it to me! Great memories with these books!

4. walkerkaty0
    May 14, 2015 @ 23:39:36

❀ Dr. Suess books!

5. edwinasepisodes
    May 14, 2015 @ 19:12:54

I loved Green Eggs and Ham. I remember my brother had a couple of Dr Seuss books,

6. The V-Pub
    May 14, 2015 @ 16:51:43

I love Horton Hears a Who. Did you know that the voice of the narrator was Boris Karloff, who starred in the 1931 film ‘Frankenstein’?

7. wafflemethis
    May 14, 2015 @ 15:43:41

These were awesome books
    An essential for any child.

8. painkills2
    May 14, 2015 @ 15:06:53

Horton Hears a Who! πŸ™‚

9. the bespectacled mother
    May 14, 2015 @ 14:44:50

I discovered Dr Seuss books through my son 2 years back and nonetheless to mention we love them.

May 14, 2015 @ 14:05:51

Seuss has some very insightful quotes: Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

11. Charles Yallowitz
    May 14, 2015 @ 13:15:34

My favorite is ‘You’re Only Old Once’. Hard to find that one, but it has a part called the ‘Pill Drill’ that I loved repeating as a kid.