Very Inspiring Blogger Award, Oh Wow!!!

imageI know I’ve been granted this honour before, but another wonderful blogger, Amaya, from the blog An El Paso Woman, has nominated my blog this time, and I must thank her greatly for this honour! Go check her blog out please, it’s a great read!!!

The rules of “Very Inspiring Blogger” award are listed below.

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blogs to let them know you nominated them.

7 (more!) Facts About Me!
1) I really hate sports!!! Playing them, watching them… Eeesh!!! My worst nightmare! Made worse by the fact that my pops was a keen hockey player, and high jump athlete, my brother played Cricket, and hockey at county level, for Warwickshire, my mum used to play lacrosse, my hubby played tennis for Kent, and my son is good at football, badminton and basketball!!! Me, I’m good at reading!!!!
2) I have FAR too many clothes!!! But I can’t get rid of any… Its too much of a wrench…. A problem faced by many women, I know!!
3) Other than children’s books, I have very rarely read books twice… The Virginia Andrews books being an exception.
4) I start my days with a cup of green tea, as I’m told its good for you! though i like the flavoured ones not the pure one… amd my Pops says its not as good… well, at least iy’s a little bit good!
5) I am definitely a morning person…. my alarm beeps, im up, aster one snooze, maybe, amd i
I’m raring to go! but by the evening, I am shattered, amd I become ratty, and though i seem ok to others, Hubby Dearest can vouch for the fact that I am a total grump! But the problem? He is the polar opposite of me!
6) I once did a 24 hour sponsored famine, it was something my school did, with the older kids, once a year, for a children’s charity. How I managed, I dont know, and I totally rate those who fast for Ramadan, every year….. I actually tried to fast alongside my best friend, in University one year, but I was abysmal!!!
7) I love cuddly toys. I have bags and bags of them! If I was allowed them on my bed,
I’d spend half an hour arranging them every morning, and another half an hour at night, but there would be no room for Hubby Dearest, so they have been relegated to bags, and my kids are carrying on the cuddly toy torch instead!!!

And as for my nominations..

Must Be This Tall To Ride
Window With A View
Domesticated Momster
My Friday Blog
Lady Lee Manila

And as I always say, please don’t feel obliged to accept, but if you do, be sure to let me know! I love to read your answers!

But I Smile Anyway...

1. Trackback: Very Inspiring Blogger Award | ladyleemanila
  2. The Champa Tree
    May 19, 2015 @ 13:39:24

Congrats Ritu! Where do you keep all these awards 😛

3. A Muslim Latina
    May 19, 2015 @ 07:46:35

Congratulations!!!

4. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    May 18, 2015 @ 20:56:05

Congratulations!

5. walkerkaty0
    May 18, 2015 @ 20:51:31

I can never read a book twice…it’s too boring for me the second time around because I know what’s going on.

6. edwinasepisodes
    May 18, 2015 @ 20:17:27

Congratulations Ritu; I am with you on the sports thing! 🙂

7. ladyleemanila
    May 18, 2015 @ 19:59:55

Hi Ritu  congrats on your award. You deserve it! I enjoy reading your posts. They’re funny and cool. Also, thanks for nominating me. I don’t think I’ll be able to accept it and post it to my blog, but I’m really flattered that you thought of me. Cheers!
    Anyway, here are 7 facts about me:
    1. Like you, I have far too many clothes – and bags and shoes, but I keep on buying them. I think it’s called retail therapy or could also be, I simply love shopping – shop till I drop, me! I usually give them away or recycle them, but still, my wardrobes are bursting! I’ve already moved some of them to HRH the son’s empty room. Mind you, he’s coming for a visit in September, so I have to clear his room by them.
    2. I also like drinking tea – black tea with milk first thing in the morning with Him Indoor, then I usually fill up a flask of hot tea 2 or 3 times a day– green, fruit, herbal, etc. and drink it all day.
    3. Red is my favourite colour – red clothes, shoes, bags, headbands, t-shirts, etc. I even got a red Mini and I love it!
    4. I love reading – I’ve got books all over the house, because I read 2 or 3 books at the same time. Don’t forget the Kindle where I’ve got hundreds of books and take it on holidays.
    5. I’m a morning person. I’m awake even before the alarm clock rings. But lately, I have been waking up in the middle of the night and starts blogging for an hour or so, then try to sleep again. I love my naps, too. Usually half an hour to an hour after lunch time, every single day.
    6. I love travelling and I love planning them. I think I get more from looking forward to them than the actual holidays. I’m not a good traveller, though. I get sea sick or dizzy with any sort of travelling (planes, ships, trains, even road trips). It’s a good thing that I could easily sleep on any place, even sitting down.
    7. I hope to lose weight. I’m as round as a ball, and I bounce up and down and everywhere! I’m always on the go, as in, a friend rings and I go for a coffee or lunch or movie with her, even at a short notice. I’m flexible, too, as in, plans can change anytime. Him Indoor is different, he wants everything planned and more or less, the same. But we compromise and make it work, somehow.
    Cheers again and have a great day!!!

8. Yayo
    May 18, 2015 @ 19:34:49

Congratulations!

9. wafflemethis
    May 18, 2015 @ 19:09:55

Congrats you.😊😊

10. Josh Wrenn
    May 18, 2015 @ 18:48:04

Congratulations on your award! My blog-type-thing is award free (short of the bloggies, hahaha). I appreciate the nomination. Just for fun, here are 7 facts about myself that may not have been mentioned.
    1. I haven’t had any evidence of cancer since August of 2012, but my blood counts and bone marrow may never return to completely normal levels, despite my transplant.
    2. I live in the same house I came home to from the hospital when I was born. This is my 4th time living here, but my first without either of my parents living here too.
    3. I have two cats named Piedmont and Dobson. They are siblings. Sister and brother.
    4. I play many musical instruments but only consider myself really good at percussion.
    5. My favorite sport is football (soccer) and my team are the BPL champions!!!! Love Chelsea and have for years!
    6. My wife and I got married in Lake Tahoe, CA, but then had a ceremony for family and friends the same day in my home town.
    7. I make the world’s best tzatziki sauce, according to anyone who has had it.

May 18, 2015 @ 19:12:03

Aw thanks for the facts!!! I’m glad you’re cancer free now, but I know the recovery is long.
      Maybe one day I’ll get to try your world’s best tzatziki!! 😊

May 18, 2015 @ 18:40:37

Haha… I love the fact with the green tea. I am similar in those things. I make it fitting… even though it is only a little bit good… lol Congrats to the award, Ritu!!!
    Btw. you don’t like any sports? Really? That must have been horrible with such an sportive family!

12. Matt
    May 18, 2015 @ 18:37:42

You’re wonderful. Thank you so much. I’m many awful things (because I’m a person). There aren’t many things I’d rather be as a writer than one who inspires.

Hard to imagine something nicer happening today. Thank you.

13. amaya911
    May 18, 2015 @ 18:34:23

Congratulations :)! Keep writing! Your blog is definitely one of my favorites! I have a lot of clothes, shoes and purses! I love tea too!

14. Leanne
    May 18, 2015 @ 18:28:30

Congratulations!! Very inspiring indeed!