Hello – FFF #6

After a brief examination hiatus, The Book Blogger is back with his Flash Fiction Foray challenge..it entails working a selected song title into a 100 word story… Oooh its been a
while, but here goes!!!
This time the song is a true classic “Hello” by the legend Lionel Ritchie, my brother’s favourite singer!

He sits across the room, looking over at me. I’m just as bad. Glancing over his way, catching his eye, then rapidly glancing down. He’s got the shirt, holding the flowers, like he said he would. I probably look totally different to what he was expecting, but that was my plan.
I do that, you know, try to seem anonymous, so I can decide if I really want to meet them. If I don’t like the
look of them, I walk away…
But too late, he’s coming this way! He steps up, saying
“Hello, is it me you’re looking for?”….

Hope you liked it! And go on, have a go too!!!

But I Smile Anyway...

1. calensariel
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 00:40:51

Working that title into the last line was totally cool! Well done!

2. Trackback: Flash Fiction Foray-‘Hello’ | The Book Blogger
  3. thebookblogger2014
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 16:01:06

Hi Ritu, thanks for participating again! I loved the way you worked the line in at the end, and the piece was particularly enthralling.
    Best, Matt

4. kritsayvonne
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 19:58:21

Loved it, especially the way your last line worked.

5. edwinasepisodes
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 19:27:09

Ha Ha! That was a very clever last line! πŸ™‚

6. Lisa W Tetting
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 19:24:34

I have nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. Click the link for more information: https://rebirthoflisa.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/versatile-blogger-award-2/Β

7. wafflemethis
    Jun 17, 2015 @ 18:21:37

Absolutely brilliant Ritu. And a great song😊

Jun 17, 2015 @ 17:48:20

Oh, that’s great, Ritu! You are such a genius! I love it. I sang “Hello” once in a concert. The last sentence was music in my ear!