So, the world revolves around you?

selfish 3There are some people in my life who seem to think that the above diagram is true, and the ME in the middle is them.

Well, guess what… I hate to shatter that illusion, but actually, my world most definitely does not revolve around them!

I’m always there, you, my Peeps, know that.  I never step away from helping someone if they need it, but there are some out there who really can’t see beyond their own little life, and when things don’t happen as they wish, then it means that we are the selfish ones!

The other day I was actually reduced to tears by someone who launched a real tirade of insults at me, ending in accusing me of being conniving, or cunning, being just an empty shell of promises, and not actually being sincere.

I think that might have been one of the times I felt the most hurt in my life.  I can’t think of a time I have once gone out there and with every intention, hurt someone.  My actions are always genuine, and hey, I’m human, I make mistakes, sometimes what I say might not be the right thing ( this is when I realise how great hindsight is!) but, never would I be spiteful on purpose.

I actually had to justify my life to this person, and show the way my day actually panned out, so this individual understood that sometimes, I physically don’t have the time to reply straight away to messages, and Shock! Horror! sometimes I even forget to reply! But it’s never on purpose, it’s due to tiredness.

I was still left with a bitter taste in my mouth at the end of the conversation we ended up having by Whatsapp, but I really thing this particular ship has sailed………

selfish 2

1. susieshy45
    Jul 19, 2015 @ 19:24:56

Ritu,
    I am so glad you got it out of your system and are free now.
    Take care,
    With hugs,
    Susie

2. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jul 19, 2015 @ 15:38:51

So sorry that you had this negative interaction. That person’s behavior most likely had more to do with their own issues than anything you may have done. I hope you are feeling better. 🙂

3. amaya911
    Jul 19, 2015 @ 15:30:04

Oh what a jerk! I don’t know what’s wrong with a lot of people these days! You are none of those things! It seems like someone who is/was close to you said these terrible things so it hurts even more. I don’t blame you for being upset and not wanting to deal with them anymore. I think this person needs to apologize to you. How upsetting :/.

4. edwinasepisodes
    Jul 19, 2015 @ 14:04:05

Oh Ritu. I was appalled when I read this. How on earth could anyone ever accuse you of those things. You are one of the nicest, kindest people who it seems. always has time for others. Please don’t take her cruel words to heart. Sending you virtual hugs and a big mug of hot chocolate (You know how everything is better with food and drink in my world)! 🙂

5. Ann GrubbsnCritters
    Jul 19, 2015 @ 04:55:31

Oh no, Ritu! !that’s a terrible thing to happen. There’s always selfish people out there and I’m sure you aren’t one of them! Screw them – there’s better things to do with your time than waste your energy to such beings. Those people don’t deserve your time. Ignore it. Besides, you hv your family (and your blog and your readers:p) to focus on. Sending you much love from this side of the world. Xx.

6. ladymeritaten
    Jul 19, 2015 @ 00:25:44

That person doesn’t deserve to be in your life.

7. raphaela99
    Jul 18, 2015 @ 23:51:59

Oh sweetness! I am sorry that you went through this! You work long days and have so much going on. It’s unfair of anyone to expect that you will be of service at all times. We all think you are wonderful!

Jul 18, 2015 @ 23:54:20

Thank you so much Raphael’s, for your kind words… I feel touched, and humbled by everyone’s support and concern.
      We really are lucky, you know, to have such an amazing blogging community here! 😊

8. wafflemethis
    Jul 18, 2015 @ 23:41:39

Right what’s going on Ritu. Are you ok sis who’s been upsetting you😠😘

9. Jim
    Jul 18, 2015 @ 23:19:49

cut them loose and forget about them

10. Marissa Bergen
    Jul 18, 2015 @ 23:09:45

Sometime explaining yourself just doesn’t pay! Sorry that happened!

11. Holly Jahangiri
    Jul 18, 2015 @ 22:59:14

Few people actually OWE us anything, and most people (including us) ought to be more appreciative when people let their own worlds revolve around ours for a bit. We’re not planets. It’s more of an intricate dance of figure 8’s, don’t you think? Each of us taking turns around the other… Of course our own worlds revolve around US, much of the time – of COURSE we’re “self-centered” as we all have to be, to some degree. It’s only “selfish” when we callously disregard others or treat them as mere props in our personal drama – or, as your last graphic says, as if they only exist at all when we need something from them. To get angry when someone lets us down is silly; I mean, what WERE our expectations? Were they reasonable? Did that person, in fact, “owe us one”?

I like to believe in a universe where we pay it forward and get out of it the positive or negative energy we put into it. Not like a ping-pong game or tit-for-tat, but just a general “throw good into the universe and it will come back at you like a bouncy ball.” Maybe not today, but tomorrow – or when you need it most. Chiding someone or making them feel they have to “justify their life” isn’t a positive thing.

Jul 18, 2015 @ 23:05:37

So true Holly… I seriously felt like shit that day, and it made me want to just give up, but you know, I’m not like that, and I will always be there, but my ‘figure of eight’ is a little tighter around my family first now that it was before…! Thank you for your words! 😊

Jul 18, 2015 @ 21:50:11

Ritu, I can’t believe what I read. You are definitely one of the most compassionate, selfless, and helpful persons I have ever met. Whatever problem the other person had – I am sure it had nothing to do with you. He or She only needed someone to blame for the own defecinecies and inablities. They need a victim to feel better. Ritu, you know (as you write it in your post) that you are not, what you were accused. It hurts me to feel you that much hurt. If I had been there I would have turned into a lion in order to defend my little sister. Never believe anyone that you are what this person accused you. I love you, my luna sister!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ :* :* :*

13. The Story Reading Ape
    Jul 18, 2015 @ 21:27:19

Nil carborundum illegitimi Ritu (Don’t let the B******s grind you down)
    I’m amazed at how much you manage to get done and STILL have time to blog and chat to us 😍🍫🍌🎶