SoCS – Real 26/3/16

socs-badge-2015

After a post I wrote earlier today, the word ‘real‘ made me think back to it.

I had compared our UK Malteasers to the USA’s Whoppers, and I lamented at the taste of the chocolate from that side of the Atlantic.

Then, through the comments, I find that actually, my American counterparts don’t actually get to eat real chocolate!  You poor things!

According to legislations out there, the amount of Cacao that can be used is significantly less than here, and there are all manner of fillers used, corn starch, and fats, to bulk it out.

I feel like that is a true travesty! How can someone tamper with something like chocolate?!

REAL chocolate! I feel privileged to be able to get decent, real chocolate here. Even the cheaper brands still taste good!

Written in response to Linda G Hill’s SoCS prompt this week.

1. Lisa A.
    Mar 28, 2016 @ 05:48:58

Aww! This makes me sad! I’ve eaten German and Mexican chocolate and it’s different.

2. incahootswithmuddyboots
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 18:16:57

Happy to report that there is real and really good chocolate available here in the US. Most of it is yucky in my opinion, but there are countless small shops that make fantastic handcrafted chocolates. One of my favorites is our local ‘Moonstruck’. 😀 Happy Easter!

3. Judy Martin
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 09:47:10

Ooooh I love a bit of REAL chocolate too, sis! 🙂

4. blondieaka
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 05:32:49

Chocolate and Cheese mmmm Uk is gret at 🙂

5. PrairieChat
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 03:13:25

This is why the Easter bunny brings Jelly Beans!

6. herheadache
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 01:15:59

Ah yes. I’ve had UK chocolate and my fvourites are Swiss and German. It’s just not quite the same here in North America.
    MMM. Wish I had some right now actually.

7. summerstommy2
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 00:50:55

Well that’s a travesty of the highest order…..no wonder those Americans are as they are…..no real chocolate, really??

8. Annette
    Mar 26, 2016 @ 23:48:10

Cruel information here just horrible! Well hummmm no comeback but hey….I will be watching to one up y’all on something!!! 🙂 let the fun begin! I haven’t done my SoCS yet and I have been reading a lot of them….what is real….well apparently not American chocolate!! Hahaha

9. Eli Pacheco
    Mar 26, 2016 @ 23:10:23

This makes me rethink our entire status as a first-world country. Please tell me our cheese is still legit. And tortillas.

Mar 26, 2016 @ 22:53:06

It is true, Sis! That all influences the taste and even our cheaper chocolate have more amount of cocoa. I did not think of that, but that for sure is the main reason. But there is one thing I have to admit: I love Oreos. Those are the best chocolate cookies! I learned about them years before they were available over here too. I always loved them a lot more than any other chocolate cookies I ever had here.