Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 20 – “Solitude”

Tuesday heralds Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge. Check it out here.

hughs-weekly.jpg

1. Take or choose a photo that you’ve taken which, for you, shows Solitude.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Week 20 – “Solitude”
3. Add the photo(s) you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section below so that other participants can view the post.

20160401_075807.jpg

Solitude

In a place of calm

Refreshes

Ritu 2016

Haiku in traditional 3/5/3 format

This is where I truly find solitude, in a good way, back home at my parents. This is the view from my bedroom when I go home. I can look out there, and feel alone, in a good way, knowing the kids are being looked after, and usually Hubby Dearest hasn’t come with us, so this room, that view, is my haven, my place of r & r…

And these are the times that solitude truly refreshes the soul!

Of course, I don’t get much time alone, I spend most of it with my parents, but when I do get that time, I cherish it!

1. Vashti Quiroz-Vega
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 20:16:38

That’s a lovely view. It does seem peaceful and relaxing and sounds like a great place to write. Love the haiku too. 🙂

2. Elizabeth
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 18:38:13

It’s a beautiful place to find solitude.

3. Hugh's Views and News
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 10:26:27

What a wonderful view of solitude, Ritu. I can clearly see why you love that view so much. They look to be living in a beautiful part of the UK.

4. TanGental
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 09:20:29

now that is lovely.. nailed it perfectly.

Apr 06, 2016 @ 06:56:06

It is definitely not only the photo but the whole feeling and memory behind the photo!

6. Olga
    Apr 06, 2016 @ 01:04:27

Solitude is a blessing in a busy world. Wonderful view from your window of feeling solitude. 🙂

7. sonofabeach96
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 23:30:25

Yep, precious solitude, so rare indeed.

8. Barb Knowles
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 23:27:14

Lovely! And this picture captures the idea of solitude being the opposite of lonely.

9. Miriam
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 22:41:54

Lovely post for Hugh’s theme this week.

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life