TJ’s Household Haiku – Jewel Box

This week TJ has given us Jewel Box as a prompt.

How could I not have a jewellery box, I’M INDIAN!

I have many, actually, filled with beautifully coloured bangles and adornments. Yes, I do have the real deal, but that is kept safely in the bank, as I feel to scared to keep it in my house!

What I keep at home is many, many boxes of different artificial jewellery, and over the years I have accumulated all manner of pieces!

All I know is that when the time comes, I have plenty to hand down to my daughter, and future daughter-in-law!

When I got married, I was given a beautiful set of wooden jewellery boxes from my dear university friends, and my mum bought me lovely metal bangle holders. These are what I have used for the inspiration for this post!

2016-04-23-16.03.04.jpg.jpeg

Wooden troves filled with
Glittering treasures and gems
Adornments for me

Ritu 2016

20160423_155148.jpg

Open me and find
Row after row of bangles
Waiting for your arms

Ritu 2016

And as I was trying to be an artistic photographer… I had an assistant! He needs to be featured too!

20160423_155105.jpg

Cats do love boxes
Seriously, any box
Even shiny ones!

Ritu 2016

1. Trackback: TJ’s Household Haiku – Paperknife | La vie est trop courte pour boire du mauvais vin
  2. joey
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 04:47:08

Those are GORGEOUS! 😀

3. niasunset
    Apr 24, 2016 @ 20:28:53

They are so beautiful dear Ritu, I loved them. Thank you, Love, nia

4. tjparis
    Apr 24, 2016 @ 10:37:46

What exquisite boxes! Such a lovely thing to have, especially when they are a gift. Great haiku (s) (never sure if haiku is a plural or not!) I think I must be a cat, I always wonder what is in the box. Happy Sunday!

5. Annika Perry
    Apr 24, 2016 @ 08:50:24

These are beautiful and such a special present from your friends. your assistant is adorable- what is her / his name?

6. Judy Martin
    Apr 23, 2016 @ 19:15:30

I love this Sis, you always have an interesting story to tell, Those jewellery boxes are lovely and such a thoughtful gift.
    Trust nosy little kitty to get in on the act too! 🙂

7. vanbytheriver
    Apr 23, 2016 @ 18:14:41

Wow…those boxes are special ! Just beautiful. ☺

8. ladieswholunchreviews
    Apr 23, 2016 @ 16:29:38

Gorgeous boxes. And your kitty, so sweet!

Apr 23, 2016 @ 16:27:21

Three lovely takes, sis, and I love the boxes! The look already precious themselves!

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life