Our Feline Furbaby Got a Canine Brother (Just For The Weekend!)

We had a busy weekend with the kids and their various clubs, and a meet up at the ice cream parlour with Lil Man’s old classmates. This was topped off by Hubby Dearest’s cousins coming to stay for the night last night, with their darling Dog Alfie, a Blue Staff.

We have met Alfie several times, he comes with them at Christmas, but he’s only stayed over once before, and that was at my in-laws house.

Then, the in-laws were away, but my mother in law hates dogs, so the staying the night, or even having the dog over for a few hours was never going to happen.

At ours, we have Sonu Singh to think of too, as we cannot allow them to meet… there is a danger of unfortunate incidents happening, so we haven’t risked that.

Instead, we play an interesting game of musical rooms, where Sonu ends up in our room, while Alfie gets the run of downstairs, then he goes in the Kitchen, and Sonu comes out for a saunter around his pad… this happened all day!

And at night, he slept in our room with us, alongside his food and litter tray (Pee-eew!)

20161001_222004

But let me introduce you to Alfie, who is going to be 9 on Tuesday so a grand old 63 in Dog years!

20161001_212302

He’s an affectionate canine, with lots of affection for the kids, and a playful nature, he gave both the kids a good tongue bath!

And boy does his tail whack hard when he’s wagging it around!

He loves a ball, or tearing one apart. In fact, he tore through 3 of Lil Mans old, flat balls!

wp-1475436735663.jpg

It was lovely to have him here, but so hard with having to keep our own furbaby away from him!  I believe we may have another visit from them in a couple of weeks!

Bless their little furry hearts, our furbabies!

wp-1475436709462.jpg

1. Opinionated Man
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 22:10:35

I can’t see why the cat wouldn’t love that gigantic dog! 😂👌😉

2. Osyth
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 18:05:23

He’s beyond gorgeous. We love!!

Oct 03, 2016 @ 08:20:57

Beautiful, I love cats and dogs!We have a Labrador. The two after initial lines being eg pecking order may get on well if the visits become regular !

4. TanGental
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 07:23:02

Now what a stunner. I’d not worry about the dog cat interface. Cats always win with a staffie. Different with a greyhound. Ours knows his place and let’s the cats have right of way.

Oct 03, 2016 @ 07:40:11

Lol! Our cousins are worried that Sonu may swipe out of fear and damage his eyes… so we just end up keeping them apart… it’s easier! But he is gorgeous… and rather strong !!!

Oct 03, 2016 @ 07:20:48

He looks like such a peaceful and very playful dog even with 63! I can imagine that game of running around each other. Although both are basically good … you never know. Glad you all had so much fun!

6. pranabaxom
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 03:08:47

We had a dog and cats when I was a child. Never had any issues. But our dog was jealous of the cats only of one thing. He was not allowed into the kitchen ( India in those days) where as the cats had a free run ( needed them to keep the mice in control I think). Whenever the dog used to see the cats entering the kitchen, he used to growl. Otherwise they used to give space to each other. If the neighbors’ cats strayed to our house, then it was altogether a different matter. All our furry ones would give the outsiders a chase. It was hilarious to look at.

7. Tony Burgess
    Oct 02, 2016 @ 22:24:30

I hope they become fast friends. Congrats on the senior dog adoption.

8. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Oct 02, 2016 @ 22:17:41

I would imagine that Sonu was grateful for the loving distance… But that pup looks like a true sweetheart and I would hope he would never hurt her. (not intentionally anyway)

Oct 02, 2016 @ 22:34:18

I hope he wouldn’t either, but his owners weren’t sure what the reaction could be as he has never been with a cat before, so we thought… best not risk it! He is a sweetie though!

9. Sue Vincent
    Oct 02, 2016 @ 22:17:25

You’re right, he is cute. 🙂