#SoCS Oct. 8/16 – Coin

Linda’s SoCS prompt today,

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “coin.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!

Just the other day, I was setting up the playground for my class, and I came across a stray penny, hidden amongst the grass.

“Find a penny, pick it up,
Then all day you’s have good luck!”

I ran inside and gifted it to my colleague,

“Give your penny to a friend,
Then your luck will never end!”

I don’t know whether these little phrases originate from, or whether they have any truth in them, but I always make sure any stray coins I come across, are picked up, and handed to a friend!

“Look after your pennies, the pounds will look after themselves.”

That’s another coin-related saying which I find quite true. If you don’t spend your loose cash willy-nilly, you are more likely to be better off in the long run!

But then why am I giving away the pennies that I find?…

Right, I’m off to find some coins…!

1. Marje @ Kyrosmagica
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 19:18:15

Nice thought to give your pennies away to friends. This week I gave some money to this homeless man shivering in the street – it was so sad. After I wondered how he had ended up on the streets. No one should be left to live like that. 😦

2. sheldonk2014
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 16:04:28

It’s not a coin
    It’s a token
    And I have given it to you
    As an expression
    Of our friendship
    As always Sheldon

3. Southern by Design
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:56:24

My Gram always said that if you gift someone a wallet or purse that you must put a coin in it 🙂
    I love these little sayings! I think “coined” from times when people were quite superstitious.

Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:10:31

At times I find lucky pennies. They and feathers are my confirmation that I am on the right path. Once I found two cents while in the States. I put them into my pocket. Then I met a lovely homeless woman and I talked to her. When I said goodbye and took my car key out of my pocket those two cents fell on the street. I picked them up again and went back to the homeless woman. I gave her both and said that it looked as if they were meant for her and that I think she should pass one along (of course I gave her some more money prior to that). Your post just reminded me of that!

5. ahlawatvishal
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:10:27

Wassup?????
    Where are you living?

6. ahlawatvishal
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:10:09

Afternoon to you.

Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:08:50

My always used those phrases, you do make me smile !

8. ahlawatvishal
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:04:15

Hello.
    Good evening

w

The Bryntin Project

'Project' might infer more planning than actually takes place

Mint Tea and Elephants

Beach bum impersonating a writer.

Unseen beauty

A blind blogger's thoughts on beauty products, wellness, food and travel

Bear's Photos

Mostly North Cornwall Photography

Chi's Secret Diary

Diary of a not so young woman

Fightmsdaily

Living life with a chronic illness is definitely not easy. But I do my best to push through all the barriers this illness puts in front of me! In my heart and mind, I believe maintaining a positive outlook on all situations in life will carry us through to much better times! I hope you find the information that I provide both helpful and inspirational!

Rust Belt Girl

reading and writing the Rust Belt

Therapy Bits

Living life with dissociative identity disorder and complex ptsd

WordDreams...