#SoCS Oct. 8/16 – Coin

Linda’s SoCS prompt today,

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “coin.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!

Just the other day, I was setting up the playground for my class, and I came across a stray penny, hidden amongst the grass.

“Find a penny, pick it up,
Then all day you’s have good luck!”

I ran inside and gifted it to my colleague,

“Give your penny to a friend,
Then your luck will never end!”

I don’t know whether these little phrases originate from, or whether they have any truth in them, but I always make sure any stray coins I come across, are picked up, and handed to a friend!

“Look after your pennies, the pounds will look after themselves.”

That’s another coin-related saying which I find quite true. If you don’t spend your loose cash willy-nilly, you are more likely to be better off in the long run!

But then why am I giving away the pennies that I find?…

Right, I’m off to find some coins…!

1. Marje @ Kyrosmagica
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 19:18:15

Nice thought to give your pennies away to friends. This week I gave some money to this homeless man shivering in the street – it was so sad. After I wondered how he had ended up on the streets. No one should be left to live like that. 😦

2. sheldonk2014
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 16:04:28

It’s not a coin
    It’s a token
    And I have given it to you
    As an expression
    Of our friendship
    As always Sheldon

3. Southern by Design
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:56:24

My Gram always said that if you gift someone a wallet or purse that you must put a coin in it 🙂
    I love these little sayings! I think “coined” from times when people were quite superstitious.

Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:10:31

At times I find lucky pennies. They and feathers are my confirmation that I am on the right path. Once I found two cents while in the States. I put them into my pocket. Then I met a lovely homeless woman and I talked to her. When I said goodbye and took my car key out of my pocket those two cents fell on the street. I picked them up again and went back to the homeless woman. I gave her both and said that it looked as if they were meant for her and that I think she should pass one along (of course I gave her some more money prior to that). Your post just reminded me of that!

5. ahlawatvishal
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:10:27

Wassup?????
    Where are you living?

6. ahlawatvishal
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:10:09

Afternoon to you.

Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:08:50

My always used those phrases, you do make me smile !

8. ahlawatvishal
    Oct 08, 2016 @ 14:04:15

Hello.
    Good evening

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

So Many Mistakes

a guide to bad dating

From Michigan to Germany

A family from Michigan living abroad in Germany.

Rachael's thoughts...

On tips and tools for working in PR, living in the North East and much more.

The Inspirational Warrior

Blogging about little things we can do to Improve our Mental Health and our Financial Health

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.