Writespiration #120 52 Weeks in 52 Words Week 24

Sacha’s #writespiration prompt today.

The blood curdling phone call in the middle of the night.

The telephone shrilled in the middle of the night.
Glancing at the clock, Tina harrumphed.
Bloody phone call at 3.24am.
Dragging herself out of bed, she cursed at not putting her mobile on the bedside table.
“Mrs Peters? This is DI Jones. It’s about your son, David.”
The world went black.

As a mother, and true family person, I don’t know what could be more blood curdling for me, than to get a phone call in the middle of the night about one of my loved ones.

In fact I dread the phone ringing late at night or early morning, because I know, 90% of the time,  it will be something bad… side effects of a big family.

Lots of joy, but many more opportunities for sad or devastating news too…

Jun 16, 2017 @ 19:27:58

Sis, I have just read this and you are right, it is one dread that all parents have. This certainly resonated with me 🙂

2. Sacha Black
    Jun 16, 2017 @ 08:13:31

Agree, it would be horrific, I can’t bear the thought. It one of those nightmare things you dread ever happening. We have had a call (and semi recently) but thankfully it wasn’t too bad of a call, someone had been naughty!!

3. Writings By Payal Tyagi
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 02:11:12

Entirely painful

Jun 14, 2017 @ 22:47:49

So Sis and I understand completely! 💜

5. dornahainds
    Jun 14, 2017 @ 22:44:44

Ah yes, that late dreadful late night call. A marvelous thriller! 🌹🌹😎

6. Anna
    Jun 14, 2017 @ 20:22:41

The late or early phonecalls goes for small families too I can tell. Oh, now it’s ringing!

Jun 14, 2017 @ 20:12:18

That’s indeed a nightmare scenery and you conveyed the shocking moment so well. A horror for every parent!