‘That’ Song – #RomanticTuesday

Erika, my blog sis, set up a hashtag #RomanticTuesday to share all things romantic.

Today, I wanted to share a song that I absolutely love. It makes me think of my Hubby Dearest all the time, from the moment we got together. It is passionate, as well as romantic, I think.

En Vogue – Don’t Let Go

This particular verse, I always love:

“I often fantasize
The stars above are watching you
They know my heart and speak to yours
Like only lovers do
If I could wear your clothes
I’d pretend I was you and lose control
There’ll be some lovemaking, heartbreaking, soul shaking
Oh lovemaking, heartbreaking, soul shaking, oh yeah”

I used to always borrow his tee-shirts and jumpers! (I still do, twenty years on!)

What song do you associate with your other half? Or if you don’t have one, which song is the epitome of romance/passion to you? Tell me in the comments!

1. Becca Barracuda
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:54:08

Aw, so sweet! Our song is “How Long Will I Love You” by Jon Boden (also performed by Ellie Goulding; I love them both). We discovered it after watching the movie About Time (seriously such an amazing movie– definitely a “chick-flick” of the best kind), and we both downloaded both versions of the song the very next day!

2. joey
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:10:33

That’s a good one!
    Um, we have a lot, probably because of our mutual affection for music and years of togetherness.
    The Promise by Tracy Chapman, Stay by Dave Matthews, Don’t Leave Home by Dido — probably top 3. The only one I can stand without crying is Stay, lol!

Oct 10, 2017 @ 19:13:47

Sis, that’s a wonderful song to describe the strong connection and oneness of a relationship. It is interesting that this wearing of the other one’s clothes seems to be very popular…. feeling totally wrapped in the other one!

4. pensitivity101
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 16:07:35

We have several ‘our tunes’ but the most powerful is Don’t Give Up, Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel.

5. Jeyran Main
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 14:43:10

Good Morning! Just letting you know that I have tagged you for this. https://jeyranmain.com/2017/10/09/blogger-recognition-award-2/

Oct 10, 2017 @ 13:00:24

En Vogue ❤️

7. Kurian
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 12:11:04

Beautiful Ritu, would wait for Erika to comment.

8. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 10:55:22

Oct 10, 2017 @ 10:18:09

Oh! My that’s a hard one, as I have known him 50 years ( I can’t believe it 50yrs ) there are lots of songs but if I think about it there is one by Queen. When we were younger and the boys were growing up hubby had to work away a lot. Often abroad and always at short notice. So this song made us feel closer. No mobile phones, and to use the landline in those days cost a fortune. !! Letters were the order of the day.
    Teo Torriate (Let Us Cling Together)

10. foodzesty
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 09:07:45

Great song!!!

11. Osyth
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 08:08:10

I love your choice of song …. I hadn’t heard it for yonks and had a very happy listen just now. For me there are two Gladys Knight and the Pips ‘Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me’ and Cat Stevens ‘How Can I Tell You’ because we are forced to spend so much of our lives apart … ❤️

12. TechFlax
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 07:59:16

I love Enrique song finally found you

13. TechFlax
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 07:58:51

Very beautiful song

14. Henrietta Watson
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 07:39:58

Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.