Love/Hate Challenge – The Wedding Edition!

Muddy Mum from Mud And Nettles has challenged me to the Love/ Hate Challenge!
Now you know me, I’m not good at hating things, and initially, I said no, I don’t think I could do this again… Then got to thinking… I’m on my way to an Indian wedding… Oooh there are some strong emotions I feel towards these days, so here goes!

image

The rules are simple
List 10 things you love and 10 things you hate!
Here goes!!
10 things I love about weddings!
1. Getting all dolled up!
2. The meeting of family we haven’t seen in ages.
3. The beauty of such a special day.
4. The colorful outfits everyone wears.
5. Seeing new and beautiful venues.
6. The party.
7. The dancing!
8. The singing!
9. The food!!!
10. All the pomp and circumstance of an Indian wedding!

10 things I hate about weddings! Indian ones particularly!
1. The extra early starts on the wedding day! It ain’t fun, smearing full slap on at 6am!!!
2. The sheer amount of functions you are expected to attend, especially if you are not that close to the couple getting married!
3. The expenses incurred by a big fat Indian wedding, the day itself alone is in the 10’s of thousands sometimes!
4. The expectations that there should be a certain amount of give and give… not take, from the brides family.
5. Having to invite everyone, and allowing them to bring their whole family… Oh my, the expense!
6. The free flowing alcohol which causes extreme idiot behavior from certain males, who have to get tanked up… Cos they can!
7. The fact that a lot of the time, women can’t let their hair down and have a drink , in the open, if they want to.
8. At the temple, the ceremony is beautiful, then you get the temple committee member extending familial congratulations, before launching into an appeal to get everyone to donate lots of money to the temple!
9. The lateness, that is inevitable. That’s Typical Indian Timing (T.I.T.!) for you!
10. The fact that we be up early to get there on time, to make sure a persons special day is not ruined by lateness, for them to all be late anyway!!! I coulda got another hours kip, Jeez!!!!

And with that, I say anyone who fancies it, take up the challenge!
I’m in the car, to the wedding now, will catch up later!
Adios Amigos!
image

But I Smile Anyway...

1. amaya911
    Jul 26, 2015 @ 06:07:22

You look pretty! ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Leanne
    Jul 26, 2015 @ 04:17:03

First, you look beautiful! Second, why can’t women drink at Indian weddings? Is it cultural/sexist thing? Drinking and driving is obviously bad, but if a whole bunch of family members are expected to be invited, isn’t there some sort of organized designated driver system in place? However, I guess since men are the ones doing all the drinking they have to be tamed by someone sober, right? Please answer! I want to know!

3. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 21:58:29

You look lovely, Ritu!

4. lifeconfusions
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 19:17:31

Although we have almost the same wedding as you guys do but I wish to attend an Indian wedding someday, they are so full of colors and lively !! I hope you had a great time at the wedding you attended, you look beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Vashti Quiroz-Vega
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 15:15:00

Hi Ritu! Love the picture of you at the end. You look lovely. I enjoyed reading your likes and dislikes, and I must say, there are a lot of similarities between an Indian wedding and a big fat Spanish wedding which could last for days. ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. YesterdayAfter
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 11:55:31

How nice Ritu you look beautiful all dolled up ๐Ÿ™‚

7. edwinasepisodes
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 11:44:02

You look gorgeous Ritu. I enjoyed reading your lists, the Indian wedding seems a brilliant event to go to, but a lot of hassle at the same time! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. wafflemethis
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 11:26:41

Looking great sis, good morning. Love nr4 does that include the bedazzled spandex. I’m on my way don’t start without m๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

9. Tony Burgess
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 10:07:59

I saw a report on an American news program that some Indian weddings can cost a lot of money and they last for a few days. Plus there is a lot of gold for the bride too. Wow.

10. Muddy mum
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 09:25:10

Wow! That was a quick response!
    Great lists, I would love to experience an Indian wedding it sounds like a feast for the senses!
    You look fab, my most favourite shade of blue and you are rocking it! Have fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Jul 25, 2015 @ 09:27:08

Thank you!!! I thought, I’m in a car… Being driven… (Means I’ll be driving back later!) Might as well get this done as I’m sat doing nothing!!!
      They really are a feast for the senses as you say!!! Big, Fat Indian Weddings!!

11. blondieaka