Throwback Thursday

Don’t you just love Timehop? It’s a great app that allows you to link several platforms, whether social media, your storage clouds or computer, together, and it shows you what you did on this day, over the last few years! It pops up and reminds you of days gone by. I love seeing the photos of my kids!

The other day this one came up, and it was actually from last year.

The weather was a tad windy!!!! As you can see from the interesting placement of the trampoline, and our swing seat!

Today it is a little windy, a lot wet, but thank heavens, no runaway garden furniture!

Have a great Bonfire Night, those attempting fireworks! We’re content to sit inside out warm home, and listen to those souls brave enough to venture out into the wet and wild weather here in Kent, and let off a few bangers!

1. Ruth2Day
    Nov 07, 2015 @ 13:05:54

I’ve not had a real bonfire night since I left the UK over 30 years ago. Oh how I would enjoy a stuffed baked potato and a sparkler

2. sheldonk2014
    Nov 07, 2015 @ 11:51:34

Hey Ritu
    Just thought I would dropped by to see what you are doing
    I hope all is well
    As always Sheldon

3. Miss Dinie
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 23:31:22

I wasn’t even thinking about how windswept your garden might, I just had one thought-She has a garden!!! πŸ˜€

Could never get that in Greater London! Maybe I should get a house in Kent.. Depends on how far into Kent I’d have to move.. And then get a dog as crazy a Sonu!! Heheee!!!

4. edwinasepisodes
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 22:38:24

We are not braving the damp weather either. There are others that are brave or mad enough to judging by all the bangs and whizzes going off all around us! πŸ™‚

5. lbeth1950
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 22:27:54

Aw man, not another one!

Nov 06, 2015 @ 05:32:59

Time hop? Never heard of it, sis. Sounds really amazing! Sorry, about me unknowing, but are you having a national holiday today/yesterday?

Nov 06, 2015 @ 07:44:28

Nope sis… No holidays, just a whole lotta fireworks!!!!! And they’ll probably be veins let off for the next few days too!!

• Erika Kind
        Nov 06, 2015 @ 08:38:27

But what is the reason? What are you celebrating?

Nov 06, 2015 @ 22:56:33

5th November is Guy Fawkes night when England remembers Guy Fawkes, who tried to blow up the British houses of parliament… There’s a rhyme…
        Remember, remember
        The 5th of November
        With gunpowder
        Treason, and PLOT!!
        CHILDREN make Guys, figures which get put on a bonfire and burned. The fireworks are relating to the gunpowder he had planted in the cellars at the Houses of Parliament!
        That’s a short version! Xx

• TanGental
      Nov 06, 2015 @ 09:32:39

We celebrate the failure of a plot in 1600 and something by a bunch of disappointed Catholics to blow up Parliament. No one like the British to celebrate a failure! The bonfire in Bonfire night has a figure of a man on it, Guy Fawkes who led the plotters and was burnt at the stake having been hung drawn and quartered first. Bloody thirsty? Us?

7. Steve
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 23:04:07

It can be fun and also maybe slightly cringey…

8. Lynz Real Cooking
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 21:19:12

looks very nice, like our swing as well in the wind!

9. BRI
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 21:12:24

I absolutely LOVE timehop!

10. andy1076
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 20:48:51

That’s quite the backyard πŸ™‚

11. wafflemethis
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 20:25:55

Be careful of that wind sis. You might end up in Oz☺