#TJ’s Household Haiku – Walking Stick

I’ve seen a few of my blogily enter TJ’s Household Haiku Challenge in the past, and it seems like time is never on my side, usually, but this time I thought “No, I am going to MAKE time!

So, here it is, based on TJ’s prompt for the week – Walking Stick.

If you saw only posts last week, I was suffering with my feet, and the doctor diagnosed that I have Plantars Fastiitis in my heels. This causes excruciating pain when you put weight on your heel.  It started with one poor foot, then the other has started playing up too!

So, we went to Bluewater for a wander, and a bit of shopping on Friday.  I have never felt older in my life! After an hour of walking, I needed to sit down every 100 yards or so, as my feet were killing.

I tell you, I could have done with a walking stick then, and in Boots, the kids thought it would be thoughtful/funny to show me the folding ones that you get.  There was a rather fancy one, with poppies all over it, but no, I didn’t resort to that!

( However, I have invested in new special heel insoles, a roller for my feet, and 3 new pairs of memory foam sole shoes for work!)

But today, after a particularly rigorous cleaning the house session, my feet were screaming for mercy, and I needed to find something to help…

(Cue the Haiku and photo!)

2016-04-09-19.57.06.jpg.jpeg

Placebo

Makeshift walking stick

Emergency support for

My aching feet!

Ritu 2016

1. Trackback: TJ’s Household Haiku – Pins | La vie est trop courte pour boire du mauvais vin
  2. incahootswithmuddyboots
    Apr 11, 2016 @ 05:56:00

A thought on age, I believe better over the hill than under! 😉 How about soaking your feet in hot water and adding Epson salts to it? If nothing else, it will feel good and relaxing. Hope your feet get better soon!

3. Judy Martin
    Apr 10, 2016 @ 13:12:58

I love the haiku and the makeshift walking stick!
    I am sorry that you suffer with this Ritu, it must be horrendous for you. I do hope that your new shoes help you tomorrow 🙂

4. angelswhisper2011
    Apr 10, 2016 @ 07:44:34

OMC, Ritu, that hurts! Granny had it too and after wearing special soles in all her shoes and doing special excercises on her feet with yoga, she got rid of it after a year, but she could never wear her beautiful shoes again 😦 Hear are some Extra Healing Pawkisses to make you feel better soon 🙂 ❤ ❤ ❤

5. blondeusk
    Apr 10, 2016 @ 07:04:16

Poor you! Hope you feel better

Apr 10, 2016 @ 05:25:56

Oh, poor sis! I am sorry! But didn’t the doctor say what you could do about it?

7. Deb
    Apr 10, 2016 @ 03:55:25

Oh no. That is very painful and takes a long time to go away. Have you ever looked into “orthopedic” shoes. Not the kind that Grandma wore, they actually have very stylish shoes now…check out Vionic on QVC.com for starters…there are other brands too. Type Vionic in their search bar and up will pop shoes and sandals to choose from. That might help alot!! Good luck…

8. elementhealing
    Apr 10, 2016 @ 00:19:03

I hope you are feeling better. Is this something that will go away on it’s own.

9. Rareity
    Apr 09, 2016 @ 22:52:51

That does not sound fun

10. Le Fragi
    Apr 09, 2016 @ 22:32:39

Poor you – achy feet
    Not much room left here to say
    Put them up – okay?