#SoCS May 28/16 – Press

Linda’s SoCS Prompt this week…

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “Press.” Find a word that starts with press-, ends with -press, or use “press” as a word all by itself. Have fun!

img_1576

I have a pressing need to write this post as soon as I can. After all, I shall be rather busy on Saturday. No time to be pressing keys on my Surface, or tapping my iPad screen.
It is going to be hard to express myself clearly today, as I am still keeping a BIG secret, and aside from a chosen few, no one knows.  I am able to keep secrets pretty well you know!
When Lil Princess was growing in my womb, pressing upon my bladder, we had the scan done, to see what sex our baby was. Knowing a little girl was coming to make our family complete was a dream come true, but we decided not to tell anyone…. That was HARD!
I love to talk, and am generally pretty open about everything, so when people were asking if we knew, my lips were pressed tightly shut. I wasn’t going to be the one to blab, not me! I was going to prove to my Hubby Dearest that I could keep secrets!
When she arrived, it was the most wonderful gift for everyone, and when I was finally able to confess that we knew, my mum called me a ‘little rascal’! A mother of 2 being called a little rascal at her maternity bedside! And by her mother! They were all actually impressed that I did manage to keep a secret for so long! And honestly, apart from Hubby Dearest, no one else but me knew! And the sonographer obviously!
Coming back to today, I am not actually being pressed to keep a secret from everybody, but I have to be careful not to let one person know something, hence the secrecy on here… because if I was to write something and they decided that it would be a good idea to read my blog that day, I’ll be buggered!
(Don’t worry, I have a scheduled post tomorrow which will reveal all! It may mot be a big deal for some, but it’s HUGE for me! Can’t wait to see the expression on someone’s face!!!)

There! That was some Stream of Consciousness there! and I managed to get Press into every paragraph somehow or another!!!!

1. sheldonk2014
    May 28, 2016 @ 23:04:22

I mite be able to come up with something Ritu
    I’ll let you know
    As always Sheldon

2. voulaah
    May 28, 2016 @ 18:07:35

I enjoyed reading your post
    Anita
    Kisses
    🙂

3. jacquelineobyikocha
    May 28, 2016 @ 14:40:13

Now I’m totally pressed to know what this secret is. I enjoyed your impressive ramble and the fact that you kept your lips pressed together without letting the baby out of the bassinet 😉
    I’m hosting a blog party just in case you have time to nip over during the weekend. Have a great one

4. vanbytheriver
    May 28, 2016 @ 11:00:16

So im-pressed here, Ritu. ☺

5. freyathewriter
    May 28, 2016 @ 09:42:20

That really was a Stream of Consciousness! I want to know your news now!

6. Prajakta
    May 28, 2016 @ 09:29:43

And now I am curious 😛

May 28, 2016 @ 08:58:37

I cannot wait to hear how that person reacted! It is so exciting! That prompt came at just the right time! Have a fabulous time, Sis!

8. reocochran
    May 28, 2016 @ 06:13:33

I like it when someone says this about a pressing need, Ritu. 🙂 I enjoyed how you expressed so many ways “press” can be used! 🙂

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

So Many Mistakes

a guide to bad dating

From Michigan to Germany

A family from Michigan living abroad in Germany.

Rachael's thoughts...

On tips and tools for working in PR, living in the North East and much more.

The Inspirational Warrior

Blogging about little things we can do to Improve our Mental Health and our Financial Health

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.