RonovanWrites #Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt #Challenge #103 Summer&Fun

Monday night, and Ron’s Haiku Challenge. The words this week are Summer & Fun.

I had a great deal with these words! Sorry but due to a headache, I haven’t sorted images out, but I managed to write a few bits!

I thought I would try a few different formats, so here goes! I hope you enjoy!

Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge Image.

Summer Lovin’ –  Traditional Haiku – 5/7/5

Love in the summer

Joy filled heated days and nights

Autumn quenches thirsts

Remember When? – Haiku 3/5/3

Summer days

Oh, the fun we had

English Summer – A Haibun

Well, how can I write about summer without mentioning our famous English summers! We are lucky enough to get all four seasons in one day here at times, and when it comes to summer, yes, there can be glorious weather, but this year, as with s many others, June has had heat, then the weather has swayed back to thunderstorms, and heavy downpours. Some areas even had hailstones last weekend! So this verse is a tribute to our summers.

Welcome to England

We have a one day summer

Make sure you have fun!

Baby Boom – A Haibun

Do you ever wonder why there is an extreme number of babies born at particular times of the year? Trace back 9 months and check the weather. It was either cold, so there was some interesting methods of body heating going on, or it was the height of summer, and the heat’s aphrodisiac quality hit home!

A Season of heat

Welcomes fun filled siestas

Cue a baby boom!

Tranquility – A Tanka

A hot summers day

Bees flitting from bloom to bloom

Buzzing past my ears

You yearn

In the winter

You burn

Whichever season

Spring, summer, autumn, winter

Each of them bring joy

Well, there you have it… My headache-fueled verses. Please let me know if I should really be in bed, sleeping the headache off, or if I need to endure more pain to create decent verse!

1. Vashti Quiroz-Vega
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 16:18:36

I did enjoy these! And this is your mind at work with a headache––wow!

2. Judy Martin
    Jun 30, 2016 @ 08:03:23

Wow Sis! I can’t believe you managed to produce all of those with such a headache! They are much better than what I could have done without one!!! Well done 🙂

3. Janice
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 20:05:08

Some great poems despite your headache! I particularly enjoyed the freku!

4. oneta hayes
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 06:42:52

Love your English summer.

5. Don Royster
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 06:08:43

I live in the land
    of summer and more summer
    the country of Florida

6. voulaah
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 07:18:28

Love your post Ritu
    Happy tuesday
    🙂 ❤

Jun 28, 2016 @ 06:59:43

Wow, Sis! Your headache is must be a source of inspiration. Fantastic, Sis! 😊

8. Al Lane
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 00:01:58

A treat of haiku-family poetry here! 🙂

Jun 28, 2016 @ 06:43:32

Thanks Al! How are you? Feels like ages since we debated the (shhhhh!) EU!!!!

• Al Lane
        Jun 28, 2016 @ 07:26:57

Still in grief… trying to move towards acceptance, but sad about the whole situation to be honest. This vote has really split people – even within my family, there are those on both sides who are struggling to get on because of this

Jun 28, 2016 @ 07:35:35

It is tough. Luckily no one I know is causing greif even though we voted differently, but it scares me, with some of the racism and hate crime that is happening. I know full well that a vast majority of the Leave voters are not racists or bigots, but the ones that are, are already causing so much grief, I worry for my kids…

• Al Lane
        Jun 28, 2016 @ 07:38:38

That’s what happens when you side with racists, even if you aren’t one – it legitimises them, and encourages them. There’s a lot of fear about. Hopefully some strong political leadership will emerge soon, to start calming things back down

Jun 28, 2016 @ 07:39:12

I hope so Al… Even that seems doubtful at the moment!!!

9. Shadeau
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 22:42:42

I LOVE every word, Ritu!!! Now please go to bed, have a lie-down till you feel better, headaches are no fun at all–I have them daily, but can’t be bothered to rest (ergo, don’t do what I do!). Sending up prayers for your relief–God bless you 🙂

Jun 27, 2016 @ 22:19:10