#WRITESPIRATION #93 UNDERWATER BALLROOM

That Sacha… She’s back with another doozie of a prompt for Writespiration #93

Ballroom

Your challenge this week is to set a piece of flash fiction under water. Write a story in less than 200 words. Paste in the comments or use a pingback and submit before 7th August.

Here’s my take… it is partly autobiographical… Yes, I have Scuba Dived, and yes I was a nervous wreck… but I did it, and what an amazing experience!!!!

Strictly Swim Dancing
They danced. Oh, how they danced.
And to think, I had been too scared to come here.
I would have missed Nature’s beautiful show!
Barely an hour had passed since I had been floundering in the shallow end of a swimming pool, trying to fathom how to use the breathing apparatus on this darned Scuba diving tank. Finally, I was swimming under the water like a boss!… Then they transferred us to the sea, and the sand kicking up in my face was too much. I couldn’t do it.
I told the lovely instructor to continue without me, that I would sit it out on the beach, while the rest of the group continued, but he was having none of it.
He held my hand, and led me onto the boat that was to take us to deeper waters. And he waited for me to fall into the ocean, guiding me every second of the way.
And boy, was I glad he did! Looking out of my goggles, at the myriad of fish waltzing around me was amazing.
It was like watching a thousand dancers in one ballroom, synchronised to the millisecond.
An underwater performance I’d never forget.
Ever!

99 words!

1. Marje @ Kyrosmagica
    Aug 17, 2016 @ 08:21:27

I loved snorkelling but never had the courage to sub aqua. Well done to you. Nice piece of writing. Always good to celebrate overcoming our fears.

2. Trackback: Writespiration #94 Condense Your Novel Into 3 Sentences | Sacha Black
  3. Sacha Black
    Aug 13, 2016 @ 15:30:52

What an amazing opportunity, I haven’t ever dived, I’d have to get over my fear of boats first! But I would like to. Awesome entry. ❤

Jul 29, 2016 @ 21:33:52

Fantastic how you managed that prompt! Very good, Sis!

5. Helen Jones
    Jul 29, 2016 @ 18:55:01

Lovely response to the prompt, Ritu 🙂 I saw Sacha’s post too, what an amazing place – hard to believe it’s over a century old.

6. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jul 29, 2016 @ 15:42:34

Loved your story! So creative!

7. TanGental
    Jul 29, 2016 @ 15:26:19

yup, very nicely done, young Ritu!

8. dornahainds
    Jul 29, 2016 @ 02:44:26

Under the season, oh what such delightful showings. Brilliant indeed.

9. Shadeau
    Jul 29, 2016 @ 02:22:41

Great story–you’re far braver than I, girl!

Jul 28, 2016 @ 22:29:33

Ab fab!!

11. Judy Martin
    Jul 28, 2016 @ 22:24:52

Fantastic Sis. I love your take on the fish dancing in the underwater ballroom, brilliant! 🙂