What’s Your Name?

Answering some comments today, it occurred to me that I didn’t know the name of some bloggers, other than their blog name.

Now, I know that some don’t want to give a real name, that’s fine, so they may have an online identity like Shadow or Faerie… I can cope with addressing you that way, as I like to personalise my comments, and if I know a name, I can build a relationship a little easier.

But when the only name I have is the blog name, no real writer name, like Squidgy Cushions, or Hard Life… I never know how to address you… Squidgy? …Cush?… Mr Life? (If you are male or female, who knows?!)

I do go into About Me pages, and even scour previous comments on your blogs, to see if anyone is addressing you in a particular way, so I may get that ‘personal’ touch, but many times, there is nothing. Nada.

So, if you would like to, I invite you to write in the comments, the name you would like to be known by, false or true, unless of course I already know it, or its obvious from your Gravatar and Blog!

And I don’t promise to remember them all straight away, but I will try my hardest!

And maybe other Peeps of mine will meet some new friends, and learn some new names too!

p.s. all names, blog and blogger-wise in this post are fictional… I think!

1. Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, MCC, SCAC
    Sep 01, 2016 @ 03:27:37

I never thought about it until I read this, but unless it is obvious because of the topic of the blog, I always wonder a bit about the authenticity of a writer who doesn’t give me a name – even a pseudonym is better than not knowing what to call them.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMore dot com)
    – ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder –
    “It takes a village to educate a world!”

Aug 31, 2016 @ 15:57:30

willow πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

3. Judy Martin
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 09:26:35

This is great Sis. I too would like to know how to address people, I have been having a good look through here learning some new names! πŸ™‚

4. Alifamtravels
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 21:03:57

Hi Ritu, I’m Adrienne

5. Tikeetha T
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 14:40:03

Tikeetha

6. susieshy45
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 13:33:56

Love this post, Ritu. I am known as Susie, a diminutive of my middle name, Susan.

7. Lisa A.
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 12:51:20

Good post, Ritu! I’m Lisa! πŸ˜‚ I used to use my last name but I decided to change it to my first name. I just call people by their avatar name. Sometimes I get curious though.

8. pensitivity101
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 10:42:43

I’m a Diana, though friends call me Di. On my blog, most refer to me as Pen, which I don’t mind, so either will do. πŸ™‚

9. blondieaka
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 09:51:05

Hi Ritu or is it? I have it on my my about page and have for while after reading one of Hugh’s posts actually, but I think many don’t read it so I am Carol or Caz to some πŸ™‚

10. Hugh's Views and News
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 09:18:01

Great point, Ritu. I think every blog should have an ‘about me’ page where the first line says, “Hello, welcome to my blog, my name is…”
    No need to gave a real name if you don’t want to, but it does make a blog more friendly if we know a name we call the blogger by.

Aug 30, 2016 @ 09:21:53

That’s my point exactly Hugh! I like to be able to develop relationships with those who interact with me… It’s a little hard if I don’t have a handle at least, to call them by!!!

11. LG
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 03:35:50

Lakshmi

12. kphoenix1
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 02:02:25

Hi Ritu! I’m Pamela, but you can call me Pam also.

13. ghostmmnc
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 01:32:25

Hi, Ritu! I try to check about pages or comments to find out who I’m writing to, also. For me, you can call me Ghost, or Barbara! πŸ™‚

14. sonofabeach96
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 00:41:01

I’m Tony. πŸ˜ƒ

15. weggieboy
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 23:54:17

Doug is fine, but not Dougy. That’s the name of one of my two kitties. (He is not a Dougy Junior as he has a different middle name than I, LOL!)

Aug 29, 2016 @ 23:12:38

Sylvester, Syl, Brother, Brother Dearest, whatever comes to you first πŸ˜„

17. TT
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 23:12:32

My name is Tad.

18. PalpablePennings
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 23:04:32

Now this post forces me to review and add on few things on my About Me page…which I will do very soon! πŸ˜€
    And my name is Tanya! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

19. vanbytheriver
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 23:04:27

Funny timing, I “came out” with my real name (Dorothy) just yesterday, but I don’t want to use it on my blog. Van works for me. And I agree on the About page, I don’t usually follow if folks don’t have one.

My avatar is a little man caricature of Matt Foley, it was confusing at first, but in the first line, I say I am a wife and mom. So…maybe people don’t really read them ? Good idea, Ritu. (If that is your real name) ☺☺☺

20. Yinglan
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 23:04:08

I’ve been wondering about some blogger’s name too although I’m not that creative with mine. Some people call me Ying because they can’t pronounce my whole name but here, I don’t think pronunciation is a problem. So Yinglan it is. πŸ™‚

21. Southern by Design
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 22:56:55

I’m pretty certain my name is on my blog info about me. But at any rate I go by Michelle or Mac πŸ˜‰

22. Dorinda Duclos
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 22:14:23

You can call me Dorinda, Dor or D. Whatever is easiest for you 😌

23. Jim
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 22:00:21

Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me… Jim.

24. Meg Sorick
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 21:16:17

I do this too! I want to call them something! πŸ˜ƒ

25. Deb
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 21:11:13

I do this search for blogger names too! This is a good idea.

26. New England Nomad
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 20:56:02

Wayne, Nomad, Wayno, Mr perfect..whatever works for you πŸ™‚

27. Don Royster
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 20:55:35

For me, the most frustrating thing is when I go to a blogger who has followed my blog and they don’t have an About page. I like to thank my followers. Or I am trying to figure out if I want to follow a blogger.

Aug 29, 2016 @ 20:55:12

Same here! I also often check about pages in order to find out. I respect the privacy. But it would help to have at least an avatar name and a gender!

29. TanGental
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 20:52:00

Tempting, so tempting… anything that starts ‘your’ and ends ‘….ship’!

30. Sue Vincent
    Aug 29, 2016 @ 20:51:55

I really don’t like not having a name for people either…