I Love My Nails But…

… I cannot type with them anymore!

It’s been over two weeks since I had my lovely French manicure with a touch of glitter applied. They’ve lasted pretty well!

I was hoping to get a refresh last week but our impromptu trip put paid to that!

They are still looking good. Thank heavens for Gel Polish!

But my issue is this…

They are too long ! I’m finding it difficult to type now!

Whenever my fingers whizz over my keyboard,they add 20% more random letters to my posts as the tips of my nails hit keys above what I wanted to press!

Thank heavens for spellchecker and Grammarly!!!

So apologies in advance if I write something in your comments that makes no sense… or if there are typos in my posts… blame the nails!!!

Pretty, but soooo annoying! I don’t know how other ladies cope but I can’t,lol!

1. shamimsobhani
    Feb 28, 2017 @ 11:39:49

We’ll surely forgive you for typos! I get gel on my nails once in a while. My nails look great, but I never let my nails grow too long because I wear contact lenses. They still look great even though they’re short!

2. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Feb 22, 2017 @ 23:03:26

Manicures are beautiful but not so functional sometimes. I love a manicure, but I usually still keep my nails short. It’s just more practical with farm chores. 🙂

3. Ann GrubbsnCritters
    Feb 22, 2017 @ 08:23:52

Nice nails, Ritu! Don’t worry about typing..bask in those beautiful French mani. I pretty much give up on them (longish, polished nails) ever since the kids arrived but I do try to keep my toes pretty. Makes me miss living in Thailand where mani-pedi cost nothing. I love the gel!

4. Elo
    Feb 21, 2017 @ 14:16:19

I understand the struggle. My nails grow pretty quickly and I have tried time and again to just let them grow – using gel polish and acrylic to strengthen them. But the moment they interfere with my typing or any other daily activity I cut them off.

I have long given up on anything that makes me uncomfortable even if it looks good. So cute shoes that pinch my feet – gone, hairstyle that makes my head hurt – gone, etc. Life is too short to suffer annoyances, especially as a price for beauty. I feel most beautiful when I am comfortable 🙂

5. Prajakta
    Feb 21, 2017 @ 06:43:25

I just cannot maintain them the way you do!! They look gorgeous 🙂 Well worth the typos…

Feb 20, 2017 @ 11:12:11

Well I make plenty of typos and even hit send when I don’t mean to! Your nails look gorgeous! I do love nicely manicured nails and a pedicure too! 💜

Feb 20, 2017 @ 09:00:37

Oh, I am sooooooo jealous of those nails! Mine have just started to look lovely as they are getting long BUT I have to cut them off!!! Grrrrrr

8. Rajiv
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 08:18:42

Use a pencil!

Feb 20, 2017 @ 07:42:57

Looks pretty but same over here. I couldn’t type with them either. Since I need to keep them short for the massages I am even less used to them.

10. jennymarie4
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 06:57:52

They’re so pretty Ritu!

Feb 20, 2017 @ 05:24:22

That is quite funny, Ritu. I bite my nails so they have never been long enough for me to experience this.

12. keen peach
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 04:16:00

Oh I know what you mean. I love nails but I hate when the start getting in the way of everything.

13. Book Club Mom
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 02:26:24

Haha! I usually keep mine short, but it’s fun to have a manicure now and then!

14. dornahainds
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 01:21:12

I dreamt of such days, now I cannot lives without my soft, but well sculpted little stubs. 😇

15. Barb Knowles
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 00:42:52

Haha that happens to me, too! I type very quickly and don’t need to look at the screen. But I end up adding all these extra letters or punctuation marks. Backspace, backspace, fix it, retype, backspace. lol

Feb 20, 2017 @ 07:42:34

And they are starting to feel a little achy now too!
      Working in school, and nursery, my hands are in and out of water a lot. M natural nails are so soft so I get the gel powder put on to strengthen them… but it means I can’t trim them down myself either!!

16. Julz.......artist, blogger, photographer, graphic designer
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 00:27:21

yes it is a problem, I just got mine done yesterday…….I also kept hitting random keys. 1st world problems hey? lol

17. Tony Burgess
    Feb 19, 2017 @ 23:44:50

I sometimes let my fingernails get too long because I am too lazy to clip them. Whoa is me….#manproblems

18. Cheila