Song Challenge (Music That Means Something) Day 4 The Carpenters and Maxi Priest Close To You

A thank you goes out to fellow blogger and friend, Lisa, for nominating me for this fun challenge. The rules are:
Post a song a day for five consecutive days.
Post what the lyrics mean to you.  (Optional)
Post the name of the song and video.
Nominate 1 or 2 bloggers each day of the challenge.

So, today I have two songs, but of the same name. They are both very different yet appeal to me in different ways.

The first is The Carpenters – Close To You. Simply because it is a song I love to listen to, so soothing, and it has a great sing along quality to it too!

Then there is Maxi Priest and his version of Close To You. A reggae beat, and a favourite of my Hubby Dearest, I had to mention it!

Why do birds suddenly appear, ev’ry time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be close to you.
Why do stars fall down from the sky, ev’ry time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be close to you.

I just wanna be close to you
And do all the things you want me to
I just wanna be close to you
And show you the way I do

And today I nominate Hugh and His Geoffleship

1. Trackback: Music For The Hard Of Meaning – day five #songchallenge #music | TanGental
  2. Trackback: Music For The Hard Of Meaning – day four #songchallenge #music | TanGental
  3. Trackback: Music For The Hard Of Meaning – day three #songchallenge #music | TanGental
  4. Trackback: 51 Weeks: 51 Songs From The Past: Week 15: Barry Manilow – Copacabana – Hugh's Views & News
  5. Trackback: Music For The Hard Of Meaning – day two #songchallenge #music | TanGental
  6. Charlene Bullard - FaithtoRaiseNate.com
    Apr 10, 2017 @ 14:21:09

Ahhh Maxi Priest!!!! I haven’t heard this song in a long time. I’m going to Spotify to add it to my playlist. I use to listen to this cd when I went to the dentist. They would allow you to put on headphones and listen to music. This was on their playlist. Thank you for makign me remember.

7. Trackback: Music for the Hard of Meaning – day one #Songchallenge | TanGental
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 16:49:05

Great songs Sister!!

Apr 09, 2017 @ 16:47:12

I love the Carpenters Sis. So many of thgeir songs are perfect to sing along to. I like a bit of Maxi Priest too! 🙂

10. Hugh's Views and News
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 16:24:16

Thanks so much for the nomination, Ritu. I’m afraid I decided a little while ago not to participate in these challenges anymore. ☹️ Of course, I have my current music feature ’51 Weeks: 51 Songs from the past’ also currently running, so I’ll mention your nomination in next week’s feature and invite anybody who wants to join in, to give it a go. I hope that’s OK?

11. Persia
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 15:50:10

Oooh, love these! Thank you Ritu!

Apr 09, 2017 @ 15:10:26

Excellent both ❤️💜

Apr 09, 2017 @ 10:14:52

Ha, I know the second one but wasn’t aware of the title. That’s cool! That Carpenter Song is definitely one of my favorites of them. Didn’t you record this one too once 😉

14. Sue Vincent
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 08:53:14

Funnily enough I was thinking of another song from that era that Maxi Priest covered 🙂

15. TanGental
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 08:38:19

ah the Carpenters… Karen, my first love and my second ever album buy… though Ii always reworded Close to You to make it a boys song… Ok, I accept but only because both you and Willow are beating me up…!

Apr 09, 2017 @ 09:17:00

Hee hee!!! Lol!! I thought the for second numbers might make you crumble… you know you want to!!!
      And FYI… I’m always singing songs and reworking lyrics to make them Female singer friendly… and Lil Princess does it too!!

16. mihrank
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 06:54:43

interesting – music post….

Apr 09, 2017 @ 06:23:19

I love The Carpenters. Great choices, Ritu.

18. Lisa A.
    Apr 09, 2017 @ 06:06:59

Good choices, Ritu! I just heard “Close to You” on “The Simpsons” a few days ago! Lol. I like Maxi Priest too. I wonder what happened to him!