TJ’s Household Haiku – Full & Only

TJ is back with another set of great prompts, photographic and wordy!Viacar of Wakefield with illustrations by Hugh Thomson

and

Full & Only

Firstly TJ, I totally agree with you! The art of letter writing has waned, and it is such a shame! I try to encourage my children to write a letter or two once in a while, to their grandparents and uncle in Finland!

A couple of weeks ago, an envelope arrived for Lil Princess and she was ecstatic to receive a letter from her best friend who has moved to a different area of the country! She quickly wrote a reply back and is now awaiting a reply!

So the first Haiku is for her!

Full of the joy that
Only a letter can bring
A smile on her lips

Ritu 2017

The second inspired by the beautiful photo and letter opener.

Just a little slit
In a bulging envelope
True friendship is found

Ritu 2017

Proud member of the Haiku Hub!

Haiku Hub Badge copyright TJ Paris 2016

1. dornahainds
    Jun 19, 2017 @ 19:11:33

Brava.. 🌹🌹🌹

2. Sarah Brentyn
    Jun 18, 2017 @ 17:04:06

I love that first one! ❤ Reminds me I need to write a quick note and get that in the post…

Jun 17, 2017 @ 19:06:11

You do write lovely haiku’s, Ritu.

Jun 17, 2017 @ 17:25:48

These are lovely Sis. I love getting a ‘proper’ letter and it is wonderful that ‘Lil Princess shares your love of letter writing too.
    When I was young, like most kids, we had a penpal that we wrote to from differrent countries and it was always a pleasure hearing from them.
    I have always loved the art of calligraphy too, and appreciate a beautiful hand of writing. I do have a go at it sometimes, but unfortunately, have not got the talent, it is a very fine art. 🙂

5. KIA
    Jun 17, 2017 @ 15:55:04

Oh ritu. I love these. Letter writing has indeed gone the way of all the world, to Facebook and email.

Jun 17, 2017 @ 15:32:34

I love your take on both with a lovely back story. I agree we hardly write letters anymore 💜💗

7. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Jun 17, 2017 @ 15:09:08

I cheer whenever a letter arrives in the post! Long may this excitement fill your beautiful daughter’s life.