Absence – #Romantic Tuesday

Lonely without you

Anticipate your return

Absence grows my love

The past weekend, I was left alone, with my kids, both human, feline and avian.

Hubby Dearest went away for a few days with friends. A well-deserved break after a hectic few years.

And I was reminded of a Peanuts cartoon strip I read when I was younger: “Absence makes the heart grow fonder… so I’ve packed your bags.”

It made me giggle then, and still now, and yet it holds a lot of truth.

When theΒ one you love isn’t thereΒ with you, you feel their absence keenly. Yet when you do love someone, you need to let them go sometimes to appreciate their worth.

And I welcomed him back with open arms, and a sleepy smile ( he arrived at 1 am!) most glad to have my love back home with me.

1. YeevanieShepherd
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 04:01:50

Yes except when they are gone forever.emptyness dwells inside making you tearful each moment.

2. Sulaiman Hafeez
    Oct 25, 2017 @ 15:14:04

This is really sweet :’). Keep up the good work

3. Lynz Real Cooking
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 14:09:59

Lovely and true

Sep 26, 2017 @ 19:13:44

It’s an old adage and a very true one , I am glad that he is back now πŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸŒΉ

Sep 26, 2017 @ 19:12:19

I couldn’t agree more, Sis. In missing someone love burns even stronger!

Sep 26, 2017 @ 15:04:21

Sweet love ❀️

7. dray0308
    Sep 26, 2017 @ 12:44:51

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often.

8. Kurian
    Sep 26, 2017 @ 12:24:35

So Ritu, distance makes heart grow fonder!

9. Miss A
    Sep 26, 2017 @ 07:27:23

Well good thing you missed him and didn’t tell him to extend his trip πŸ˜‰ Always nice to be “alone” but having the loved one back home again is the best.

10. Osyth
    Sep 26, 2017 @ 06:56:32

Your verse speaks straight to my heart. My husband and I spend more time apart than together (neither of us is in jail, don’t panic!) … and we literally yearn and crave for the time we do have. But even so, the Peanuts line resonates too πŸ˜‰

11. Robert Matthew Goldstein
    Sep 26, 2017 @ 06:42:28

Nicely written, Ritu.

Sep 26, 2017 @ 06:25:02

I’m glad you have your Hubby Dearest back home with you again Sis πŸ™‚ πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

w

The Bryntin Project

'Project' might infer more planning than actually takes place

Mint Tea and Elephants

Beach bum impersonating a writer.

Unseen beauty

A blind blogger's thoughts on beauty products, wellness, food and travel

Bear's Photos

Mostly North Cornwall Photography

Chi's Secret Diary

Diary of a not so young woman

Fightmsdaily

Living life with a chronic illness is definitely not easy. But I do my best to push through all the barriers this illness puts in front of me! In my heart and mind, I believe maintaining a positive outlook on all situations in life will carry us through to much better times! I hope you find the information that I provide both helpful and inspirational!

Rust Belt Girl

reading and writing the Rust Belt

Therapy Bits

Living life with dissociative identity disorder and complex ptsd

WordDreams...