#SoCS Nov. 18/17 – Psst!

Linda’s #SoCS prompt this week:

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “psst, or any other attention-getting noise or word.” Find a word or noise that you’d use to get someone’s attention, and start your post off with it. Enjoy!

Ahem… Cough, cough… Are you listening?

I feel I need to be a little honest here…

I’ve been a bad girl.

Well, okay, not like law-breaking awful, but still, I have been naughty.

You know I spent all that time posting all that yummy healthy food, and my weight loss journey?

I’ve only gone and fallen off the wagon!

Okay, so it’s not as bad as it could have been… but ever since Easter (wow that is a while back!) I have been struggling with my willpower. Too many chocolate eggs around didn’t help… and I found myself craving the things I shouldn’t have.

If I wanted something, one wasn’t enough, I needed two. But I managed to control myself for a while longer.

But…

Since the summer holidays, OMG, I can’t stop eating!

I try so hard to be good. And I am. During the day.

But once the evening hits, I am unable to stop myself from pigging out on the stupidest of things!

As a result, I am now at the stage where I need to lose half a stone, or seven lbs to make me feel better about myself again!

Eeeeek!

But, since it’s anniversary weekend, don’t expect me to start this weekend!

Maybe I’ll be part way there by Christmas…

Now, let me get back to my chocolate fruit!

1. Trish
    Nov 19, 2017 @ 03:00:25

Hey, remember me>>

2. Book Club Mom
    Nov 19, 2017 @ 00:29:05

Same thing here! All that Halloween candy didn’t help, but at least it’s gone now!

3. John Holton
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 20:57:32

Happy anniversary! And don’t worry, you’ll get back to the diet on Monday.

4. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 18:54:50

5. dornahainds
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 18:52:15

All anyone can do is try and remain constant in their attempts. 🥀🥀🥀

6. Corina
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 17:08:34

Chocolate fruit sound really good right now, forget that it is still only 8 something or other in the morning locally. I am something like you. I sit and grab something then another of the same something and another and pretty soon the entire thing is gone. Chocolate covered strawberry bites…I couldn’t eat just a few. I had to eat the whole package. Chocolate covered raisins. I think that package lasted about thirty minutes. Yeah. I get what you mean. Good luck losing that stone.

7. bikerchick57
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 13:46:21

Ritu, I know how this goes. I’ve had little willpower since summer when it comes to passing up the sweet things. Work is especially tough because it seems someone is always bringing in cookies, donuts or chocolate. And, with a sore heel, I haven’t been walking or to the gym much. I want to lose about the same amount – 7 or 8 lbs – and have to get busy soon before it turns into 10.

8. Jennie
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 13:29:25

This is terrific! So glad to have a fellow friend who has fallen off the wagon, too. 🙂

9. Dan Antion
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 12:12:42

“Half a stone” sounds better than seven pounds. Good luck. Chocolate is the friend I turn to first when stress builds.

Nov 18, 2017 @ 07:18:04

Oh dear, Ritu. I am sure you can get back on the wagon.

11. Reena Saxena