#SoCS Dec. 9/17 – Liqu

Linda’s prompt for SoCS this week…

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “liqu.” Find a word that starts with “liqu” or has “liqu” in it, and base your post on that word. Have fun!

Liquor

I’m not a drinker, really, but can I just say that if I was one, then I would possibly have consumed a whole lot of liquor this week!

School has been totally manic this week, with awful observations, crazy (and I mean really crazy!) kids, charity fundraisers, and the fun (read long hours) of Governors meetings (4 hours long the other evening!)

And to add to that, we are practising school performances for Christmas!

I was all set for a weekend away at my parents, to help ease the stresses of the week, as to be honest, a loving family, rather than a liquid diet, helps me… but then Storm Caroline decided to get in on the act too, and the city my parents are in is currently being snowed upon!

After the accident I had in February (where I shut down the M6, both ways!) due to bad winds from another storm, and a tyre blow out, I thought it would be too risky to attempt the journey, and risk another incident.

So that means I don’t get to see Pops and Mum…

Feeling a little down…

Maybe I need some liquid therapy… Though mine would be in the form of tea, chai latte or hot chocolate!

Happy Saturday Peeps!

1. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Dec 10, 2017 @ 03:40:13

Dec 09, 2017 @ 22:37:44

I understand how disappointed you must be, sis! But due to your reasonable decision, you have another chance to see them for sure!! Make the best of the weekend and enjoy it without packing and driving!!

3. Jennie
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 21:29:53

Oh, Ritu! I feel your pain. Perhaps that liquor is a good idea after all. The next two weeks of school will be filled with sensory activities, very little learning, reading and singing… and children who can’t keep it together. Sigh!

Dec 09, 2017 @ 19:59:46

Oh Sis, I am sorry you can’t get away this weekend, sounds like you desperately need it. I hope you have a calm weekend at least! 🙂

5. J-Dub
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 17:43:28

Is facetime or skype an option? I know it is no replacement to in person but I so wish you could connect with your parents today.

6. bikerchick57
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 15:24:52

It was a “full moon” kind of week, Ritu. Liquid refreshment sounds good, but maybe later. This morning, I had that chai latte at my favorite coffee shop after working out week-long frustrations at the gym. I hope you have a good weekend, even though you won’t me able to see your parents. It may be time for you to simply kick back and relax. Hugs! 🙂

7. rothpoetry
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 15:13:02

Great post! It is good that you don’t imbibe. If you did your post might be Streams of Unconsciousness!!
    Dwight

8. Trackback: #SoCS Dec. 9/17 – Liqu – The Militant Negro™
  9. John W. Howell
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 14:01:00

Liquid is the way to go for sure.

Dec 09, 2017 @ 13:39:41

Better to be safe Sister!!

11. Geetha B
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 12:56:40

Happy Saturday and Sunday and I hope you feel better. I almost feel like Hemingway with my ands…

12. beehalton2
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 09:05:39

So sorry you can’t go. Family is certainly better than liquor even though sometimes it’ll do 😁 enjoy your tea … I’ll have one in your honour 😚

13. JoAnna
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 05:41:49

Mmmmm. Hot chocolate! Glad you are staying safe.

14. Evir
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 05:37:51

Liquor is considered “harder”. More alcohol.