Me And My Dur-Brain!

So, it’s the day after my WIP has finished completion (first draft stage, anyway).

What am I planning on doing to celebrate?

Why not go to school to get some prep work done, before class starts up again on Monday?

Usually we get into school from 7.30 am, so I duly deposited one child for a sleepover at her friends house the night before, and arranged to drop the other off at his uncle’s early this morning so I could get uninterrupted work done.

The idea of getting up early wasn’t a nice one. I’ve been enjoying lie ins… (unheard of for mummy me, but the kids are getting to that age where they wanna stay up later, but boy can they sleep, if allowed, in the mornings!).

But the alarm was set, and off it went at 7 am.

I was good, didn’t rely on the snooze button.

Messaged my colleague to confirm what time we were meeting, and she said probably about nine as the school wouldn’t be open before then.

D’oh!

So I could have had an hour’s extra sleep?

Typical!

Note to self: always double check plans the DAY before!

Never mind. It’s given me a bit of extra time to write this!

Oh well, better get ready now!

Have a great Thursday Peeps!

Apr 13, 2018 @ 13:38:04

The early bird always gets the worm (even with sleepy eyes).

2. Jennie
    Apr 13, 2018 @ 04:41:05

Sounds like my life, Ritu. Misery loves company? 🙂

3. joey
    Apr 13, 2018 @ 01:00:44

Oh that is SUCH a pity! I hope you got a lot accomplished today.

4. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 23:02:17

Congratulations, Ritu!!

Apr 12, 2018 @ 18:44:34

I understand that. But at least you were on time and had a relaxed time until you had to be at school 😉

6. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 17:25:39

7. Dorinda Duclos
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 14:15:26

Love your life stories! Hope you got your work done 😊

8. Eric Klingenberg
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 10:36:12

I’ve been putting off doing any school work done but Monday is looming ever closer!

Gratz on finishing your first draft.

9. shaunkellett
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 09:50:21

Massive Congratulations for finishing your WIP. Seems like only yesterday you picked it back up and blew away all the dust. Can’t wait to hear how it progresses past that initial draft.

I am always torn in the mornings between that extra hour; to use it productively or to get some extra sleep? I’m glad you managed to squeeze a blog post out of it!

10. Corina
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 09:12:03

I’ve heard of “better late than never” but maybe there’s a better early than late equivalent! I hope you have a productive day!

11. Trackback: Me And My Dur-Brain! – The Militant Negro™