Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 370 – Goodness

img_00411

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they’ll never sit in.”

Greek proverb

Thanks, Spidey, for such a deep thought to ponder upon, today.

This proverb is so meaningful because it really does take a great person to be so selfless.

Thinking ahead, planting, building, forging relationships. And all for the greater good. Not just for you.

It’s all about immediate satisfaction nowadays.

But what will last and help others too isn’t always something that is a quick fix. It needs nurturing and time.

So, have you ever done something you know you won’t see the benefit of? 💜

namaste

Wishing you a wonderfully peaceful Sunday, Peeps!

1. Jennie
    Apr 15, 2022 @ 14:27:40

Hear, hear!

Apr 11, 2022 @ 12:43:54

I love this saying it’s so true. We have done a few of these “for the next generation ” and it is a good feeling 💜💜

3. Book Club Mom
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 19:48:36

Hi Ritu, what a thought-inspiring proverb. I haven’t seen this one before. It definitely makes me reflect on how to be selfless. Thanks for sharing!

4. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 18:51:07

Okay, that means your husband can wait on some more years, till planting a first tree in the yard. But whats up with Sonu? 😉 He should begin planting his first little tree. Lol Bring him to the garden center and let him choose his first apple tree, Sis! Lol Best wishes, Michael

5. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 18:48:06

Apr 10, 2022 @ 18:15:15

We may not always see the rewards of selflessness but it is worth it, Sister 💜

7. thereluctantpoet
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 17:55:04

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

8. Erika
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 15:53:32

That is a beautiful thought, Sis. As soon as mankind is thinking for each other this will be heaven on earth.

9. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 15:20:45

10. Keith
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 14:04:45

Ritu, such a wonderful proverb. At a Sierra Club meeting, I heard a Rabbi use a similar proverb, so it is a universal belief, I think. Keith

Apr 10, 2022 @ 14:10:39

I hope it continues to be exactly that, Keith. We should all remember that the joy from giving may be immediate, but the lasting difference is what gives true contentment 😊

11. beth
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 10:34:30

that is such an accurate quote. my legacies to the world, are my children, and now my grandchildren, who are all good people, who I feel will bring good to the world, each in their own way.

12. Words on Paper
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 08:29:28

I try not to dwell on this, Ritu, as practically everything I do these days reminds me that time is running out…