Chai And A Chat #202 #ChaiAndAChat

Hi there, Peeps! One partial week of school done!

It was good to be back, but I am ready with my cuppa to let you know how it went!

• If we were having chai, I’d tell you that Monday was a bank holiday, so we chilled out as much as possible. Well, I did, anyway, since the rest weren’t back until Friday!
  • If we were having chai, I’d say that school started for me on Tuesday, with two Inset days. We had a motivational speaker in to help us learn how to respond to situations productively and not to dwell on the small stuff, and then there was some time in our classrooms and a few other meetings. It is strange this year since I don’t have my own room, as I will be teaching across both Reception classes, which will be good for me to understand the whole cohort, but it also leaves me without a home! Still, we got stuff done. Then the last two days were home visits to the children who will be starting next week but who didn’t attend our nursery. They are always a good opportunity for the parents to speak to us in their own home environment, as well as for us to see the child in a secure place for them. I think we are ready for Monday when the children will attend all week, but just in the mornings, but the question is… are they ready for us?
  • If we were having chai, I’d say that I definitely knew I was back to school since my eyes start to close at 9.30pm! But i am 100% certain that I am feeling a lot of things due to Perimenopause. I was speaking to my beautician, too, and she suggested I talk to the doctor about HRT, before my symptoms get worse.
  • If we were having chai, I would share with you that it was my birthday on the weekend, and though I had an awful headache that day, it was still lovely. I was spoilt by my family. What more could I ask for?
  • If we were having chai, I’d tell you that we had the final cricket training and match on Saturday, and he finished with a bang! No batting, but he bowled exceptionally well; 5 for 35 off 9 overs, and one of the wickets he took, he bowled and caught, one-handed! They won, and I think they finished second in their league, and it looks like a promotion for next season! A great finish!
  • If we were having chai, I would end, as always, with Sonu Singh. I think it will hit more this week, but he could see the changes happening this week, with me being out every day and the kids not there on Friday… I hope he’s not too lonely going forward! He had great fun knocking my cards down, though, constantly!
Bitmoji Image

This week, as I mentioned before, my classes will be in, but only for half days. It’s like the calm before the storm, you know! But it will be good to see the children where they should be; with us, enjoying learning! The rest of my life is pretty chilled, thankfully, because I have my editing to do!

And while you’re here, did you sign up for my mailing list? I am in the middle of writing an exclusive Chickpea Curry Lit story for my subscribers, and there will be news, tips and even recipes! You know you want to join… go on! Click the pic below to sign up!

1. Jennie
    Sep 10, 2022 @ 16:06:33

Hi Ritu, I had a similar teacher week with a great speaker. This past week the children began…and 4 teachers tested positive for Covid, and a handful of children throughout the school did as well. All staff worked many extra hours to keep school normal and running. I am exhausted and haven’t had a minute to read blog posts. Apologies for being way behind.

Sep 06, 2022 @ 18:53:24

The home visits you do are quite an amazing concept to me. That has never, and certainly will never, happen here. I think female teachers would be anxious to go into the homes of strangers here. You must look into HRT as it is strongly linked to breast cancer in women. My mom’s doctor thought her breast cancer was caused by HRT and my own doctor does not recommend it unless the symptoms are very bad and then only for a short time. I would be interested to know what the British doctors think.

Sep 06, 2022 @ 18:55:52

There are such varied opinions, Robbie, but I’ll not go into it blind.
      The home visits are never done alone, either, here. We always have a team of 2 going.
      It is so insightful to.meet the families at home
      🙂

Sep 06, 2022 @ 15:25:26

I’m glad you had a good first week back and a nice birthday weekend despite the headache. I hope this week of half days go smoothly, Sister 💛

4. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Sep 06, 2022 @ 11:51:13

Oh, Sonu sleep the sleep of the righteous! Lol The best one can do in these horrible times. I think i have to learn the cricket rules. What you have written is like higher maths to me. Best wishes, Sis! You got get it done! School is starting again, the elixir of life for every teacher. 😉 Best wishes, Michael

5. Erika
    Sep 05, 2022 @ 20:17:28

Can you tell me what the abbreviation HRT means?

Sep 05, 2022 @ 18:32:49

May this week be even better for you sis 💜💜

7. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Sep 05, 2022 @ 18:11:14

New week! I am all for that. May it be a blessing for you, Sis! ❤

8. CJ
    Sep 05, 2022 @ 14:10:45

Wishing you a belated happy birthday Ritu, and I hope it’s a good year. Glad school is off to a good start. Editing here as well, and hoping to get stuck into work now my youngest is finally back at school. It’s SO hard to be productive when he’s around. The cricket season is a whirlwind isn’t it. I think there is still a match left to play somewhere as well. Hope you have a good week and that school goes well. CJ xx

Sep 05, 2022 @ 19:54:43

Thank you CJ!
      I thoung we were done, but they are looking to arrange some friendlies over the next few weeks… so it may not be finished, yet!
      School was interesting, today. I am shattered and it is only Monday! Have a good week, and good luck with the editing! xx

9. beth
    Sep 05, 2022 @ 13:33:39

here’s to getting up and running for the year and to new and wonderful beginnings

10. Sadje