Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 391 – Another Year Older

img_00411

“Wisdom can be found in the most unexpected places.”

Ritu Bhathal

Thank you, Spidey, for giving me a chance to use my own quote, today!

It is the day after my 47th birthday, and I wonder whether I have gained any more wisdom with the addition of that extra year.

Well, I was on good old Facebook, and there was one of those quizzes where it chucks random statements or facts out, allegedly about you.

Usually, they are just silly, but once in a while they throw you something to think upon.

This was apparently a lesson I have learned from the past year.

And, oh my goodness, what truth!

It takes a while, I think that for this to register in our minds, but it’s true that over the last couple of years, I have realised that I am who I am, and I am a good person.

We all have traits that may not be liked by everyone, but when I take everything into account, I am happy with me.

I am happy with who I am.

I am happy with how I live my life.

I am happy with my thoughts and opinions.

I am happy with my preferences.

I am happy with my grey hair.

I am happy even with a little extra weight on myself, right now.

And there will always be people out there with toxic opinions.

But I really don’t care!

And that. is the wisdom I gleaned from a Facebook Quiz, yesterday!

So, are you able to accept who you are and live in peace with yourself?

namaste

Wishing you a wonderfully peaceful Sunday, Peeps!

1. Jennie
    Sep 05, 2022 @ 20:57:59

I think that’s as good as it gets. True happiness comes after we love ourselves. Happy Birthday, Ritu!

Sep 05, 2022 @ 18:45:00

Love you Sis 💜💜💜💜

3. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Sep 05, 2022 @ 13:52:59

I am so sorry, that i have missed the day, Sis! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! xx Michael

4. Rae Longest
    Sep 05, 2022 @ 00:52:01

I am not satisfied with my current self, but I AM at peace with her and the time I have left on this earth.

5. beth
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 23:35:55

a beautiful birthday gift to yourself and what a wonderful one! happy birthday -)

Sep 04, 2022 @ 22:08:43

Wisdom comes with experience, acceptance and the willingness to remain open to new things.

7. Book Club Mom
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 19:56:46

Wise thoughts! Happy Birthday, Ritu 🙂

8. johnrieber
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 18:24:20

This is terrific – there is so much wrong with our world today – much of which is seemingly out of our control…so why not focus on what is good in our lives and appreciate it…

9. John Holton
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 17:34:42

Happy Birthday + 1!

10. Doug Thomas
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 14:43:21

Yes, Happy Late Birthday, Ritu! I’d say you’ve made good progress on your life journey if you are comfortable in your own skin.

11. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 11:33:51

How wonderful that you have so many reasons to celebrate your life! I celebrate YOU. Keep on, keeping on!! ❤

12. Lucy Bardoe
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 10:57:48

It took me a while for me to be happy in my skin, but I’m at the point now where I really don’t care if people dislike me, it has no bearing on my life.
    I’m really happy, I have a wonderful husband and I am running my own business which has boosted my confidence immensely.
    You are amazing ritu, keep being you x

Sep 04, 2022 @ 11:06:19

As long as we accept ourselves and are happy in ourselves, our lives are 100% better, aren’t they? 🥰🥰

13. Erika
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 09:44:37

In my opinion, it is a life-long process to discover who you are or who you can be, and to reveal misunderstandings about yourself and life. So, yes, I am very content with who I have become to this day. I am aware of how far I have come but I am also aware that this is only another small step on the road. That is what I love about life, you never stop inventing yourself new and growing out of your shell.

14. Sadje
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 06:47:49

I love your attitude. Be happy with who you’re.

15. Susanne Swanson
    Sep 04, 2022 @ 05:06:56

Love this! Happy day after birthday!