”Can’t you just let me poop?!”

It’s funny what you end up with, in life. A lot of your characteristics and personality are down to genes, (not jeans, which my Lil Man says he didn’t get from India, he bought from Asda! 😂)

I look at myself and see the physical characteristics that were handed down to me from my parents.

My curly hair from Pops, which I lamented as a youngster, but which I love and wouldn’t change now.

My dark body hair… Also from my dad… Wish I’d got mums, she has hardly any!

But apparently I look a lot like her, and it is increasing with age.

People comment on my personality and say I’m like Pops with my dancing, and like my mum with my temperament.

I see the similarities between my Hubby Dearest and his parents too.

Then it makes me think what we have passed down to our own kids,

Lil Man looks a lot like his dad, but has my eyes. He is sporty like his dad, but loves to read like me. He is an early riser, and eats most foods, like me (though as a kid, I was a nightmare to feed!)

Lil Princess has my curly hair, some day she looks a lot like me as a young girl, but also my mother in law! She is a nightmare to feed (like me as a youngster, and her daddy now!) and like her daddy she is not a morning person..she needs 10 minutes to “stretch” and, when performing her morning ablutions she can’t be rushed, just like her dad!

This morning we were running late ( in fact she is making me so late I am able to write this post!) and I asked her to hurry up… The reply I got was the title of this post, “Can’t you just let me poop?!”

I gave up hurrying her along and quietly came downstairs to my cup of tea and ipad!

1. elementhealing
    Jun 09, 2016 @ 02:12:27

It is interesting what is packed into the gene’s People say my son looks like me, but I don’t see it. He doesn’t look like his father either but he gets many of his characteristics from me, like his love of music, art, reading.

Jun 09, 2016 @ 06:52:29

I think that is the funny one when others see resemblances and we can’t, because their faces are ‘theirs’ not ours, in our eyes, but it is entirely possible that they are the spitting image of us, after all we made them!!!

2. ladieswholunchreviews
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 15:38:37

I love this!

Jun 08, 2016 @ 15:04:16

LOL… I love my niece… 😃 It is really amazing how much our kids mirror us physically but also in certain characteristics or mimics. My daughter has a lot of the same gestures like I do have. And then again there are some tings I ask myself where they have it from… thank God they are still individuals 😃

4. Tim Taylor
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 15:00:44

Everybody says that my little one looks just like me, which I think he does too, and he has a mixture of mine and his moms temperament, but he has his moms whining attitude. I can say that, we’re divorced 😀 Great post!

5. sonofabeach96
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 12:14:31

The Apple usually doesn’t fall too far from the tree. 😃

6. Ms Cheryl Diane Parkinson
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 08:46:26

haha! Brilliant. 🙂

7. sunflower
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 07:57:27

Funny how we see so much of ourselves in our kids,no? Btw your post gave me an idea for an article, I hope that’s OK?