Ritu’s Healthy Living – Week 2 #icandothis

So it’s been another week since I attempted to eat healthily, and live a generally healthier life…

Did anyone tell me how hard it is to eat healthily or incorporate any exercise into your day when decorating?

I have been half good, half naughty this week.

I tried to have good breakfasts, and relatively good lunches. Dinner has been a little hit and miss.

Then figure in a day trip to visit my best friend so we had lunch out, and dinner at the services on the way home… and after that, Friday through to Sunday my whole eating plan, went out of the window, with me concentrating on moving furniture, and painting.  I guess that counts as some exercise though eh! And we have ended up eating convenient food, and take outs, rather than cook, as by the time we sit down, we are hungry and exhausted!

I did start the week by digging my hula hoop out and did 3 days of 20 minutes hula-ing. Actually, on the third day, I actually did 30 minutes continuously! I managed one proper walk… but no more than that.

And for all my sins… this is the result this week…

1lb down!!!!!!!

So still a little loss! I’m happy!!!

1. Deb
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 13:04:34

Oh moving furniture definitely counts as exercise!! It’s a change of lifestyle that makes eating healthy and exercising work. Once it becomes the norm it’s no longer difficult. Making the transition is the hard part, but kudos to you…be proud of each accomplishment including the 1 lb. Hula hooping!! I haven’t done that in years, what fun…don’t throw your hip out..πŸ˜‰. Wishing you much success!!

2. Judy Martin
    Aug 17, 2016 @ 16:59:25

Well done, Sis, You are going in the right direction πŸ˜‰

Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:25:39

Keep it up you are doing so well!!

4. RuthBH2Day
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 20:05:33

keep at it! you can have a cheat day πŸ™‚

5. pensitivity101
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 17:52:02

Well done you. A loss is a loss, however small. Decorating is good exercise, stretching muslces hanging paper, and going up and down ladders to paint is better than any step arobics.
    Weigh in for me tonight. Fingers crossed (think I should have superglued my mouth actually)

6. susieshy45
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 17:43:19

Ritu,
    I am with you. Congratulations on your workouts and healthy eating aims.
    Half the work is in the planning and in the good resolutions. The rest would be determination, good environment and generally a lot of lucky coincidences as you make time each day for your healthy lifestyle.
    Take care and keep us posted.
    Susie

7. Chris White
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 17:32:16

Well done, Ritu. πŸ˜€ You could try attaching paint brushes to the hula. Start low and gradually increase. Ceilings could be a problem though. .. I’m not helping am I.

8. vanbytheriver
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 17:07:07

Decorating in any form burns calories. So…don’t be too hard on yourself, Ritu. Carry on….☺

Aug 16, 2016 @ 16:49:52

I would say: YES! Decorating for 3 days is more than many others do with their workout! Awesome: 30 minutes of hula-hoop! I cannot do one round without losing that hoop!