Ritu’s Healthy Living – Week 7 #icandothis

healthy-living

It’s been another week of experimenting with healthy food, and cooking techniques for me!

I bought a ‘Spiralizer’ to make my own vegetable ‘spaghetti’ and tried it with a courgette… it was brilliant!

20160921_183232

I made Slimming World Chips, and they were yummy, and Syn-Free too!

20160922_204436

And I took a HUGE step. I don’t really like much fish, but I do try to eat it, however I can’t do king prawns, shelled or otherwise. However, i cooked some today in a stirfry, and they weren’t half bad!

20160923_190215

Other things I have eaten this week…

I haven’t actively exercised this week, but my Fitbit tells me that I have been stepping between 12-16000 steps everyday, so that is good!

And the important bit, my loss this week was…

1lb!

Not bad after the meal out, alcohol, and cinema popcorn (And a slight chocolate blowout on Tuesday!)

So the total is

11.5lb since I started this!

Go me!!!!!

Not much more until I hit my 1 stone first target!

1. Cagla Kabaca
    Jan 10, 2017 @ 18:37:59

Awesome!

2. Tikeetha T
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 18:01:00

Dang Ritu! You’re doing more steps than I can get in. My average is 8,000. Ugh! Keep up the good work.

3. Lisa A.
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 12:20:16

It all looks good Ritu! I like the strawberries and yogurt the most! Congratulations on your weight loss! πŸ™‚

Sep 24, 2016 @ 17:06:53

I too have such a spiralizer (but only used it once…. lol). It all looks just so good! Where do you take the time for getting all those healthy and tasty ideas?

5. dornahainds
    Sep 24, 2016 @ 17:04:17

Congratulations on your steady weight success.

The recipes all look delicious.

6. Becky Ellis
    Sep 24, 2016 @ 13:16:20

Congratulations on your weight loss! Your healthy cooking techniques are spot-on. Keep up the great work!

Sep 24, 2016 @ 13:27:03

Thank you Becky! I am trying my hardest!
      I also know I am likely to eat a little naughtier on the weekend so the weigh in on the Friday gives me time to be good again!!!

7. pensitivity101
    Sep 24, 2016 @ 09:18:43

Go for it Ritu. Your meals look lovely, and I’m tempted to get a spiralliser too.
    Just two and a half pounds to your stone. Good luck! You can do it this week!!

8. blondieaka
    Sep 24, 2016 @ 04:47:48

I want one of those….and well done πŸ™‚ You are doing great πŸ™‚

Sep 24, 2016 @ 04:43:20

That fish and world chips dish looks delicious!! Go,go, go Sister!!

10. New Journey
    Sep 24, 2016 @ 04:42:52

good for you. keep up the good work…….love the pictures of kitty…..

11. vanbytheriver
    Sep 24, 2016 @ 01:10:05

Yay you !! ☺ And the pics are beautiful…lots of color and variety, and that counts.

12. jlfatgcs
    Sep 23, 2016 @ 23:34:23

I need a spirilizer!

13. Osyth
    Sep 23, 2016 @ 23:00:38

Go you indeedy-doody! Very impressive πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«

14. ellenbest24
    Sep 23, 2016 @ 22:36:58

Need to know more about sΓ¬n free chips… well done a magnificent start.πŸ˜‡

Sep 23, 2016 @ 22:53:56

Thank you Ellen! They’re easy to make… simply cut your potatoes, parboil for 4 minutes. Oven should be on 240 degrees Celsius.
      Drain and allow to dry for 10 mins.
      After 10 mins,return to cold dry pan. Place lid on and shake to roughen up edges. Then place flat on a baking tray, spray with low fat cooking spray,season and cook for 30 mins. Turn once.
      I left the skin on and they were lovely !!!