WRITE A FAIRYTALE SET HERE – WRITESPIRATION #96

Sacha’s back with a new Writespiration prompt!

This week your task is to write a fairytale, or a part of one, or a fairytale poem set in the photo. Maybe it’s a nightmare tale, or perhaps a happily ever after ending, or maybe a prince’s love monologue. Write a fairytale in less than 200 words. Leave it in the comments or use a pingback so I find it. Due by 23rd October.

fairytale-writespiration

Ok, so I’m not sure this was exactly what you wanted… but here goes!

Candicella – The Party Princess

Candicella looked up. Surely her Prince would arrive soon!

She had been trapped in this woods, where the rave was being held, for the last 2 hours.

Faithfully, she had dressed up in what her Fairy Godmother had assured her were the latest ‘threads’, but looking around her, she realised that old Betty had not quite got it right.  She really needed hot pants and a cropped top! The sneakers were a lovely shade of green though.

She sat admiring them, then winced in pain. Trying to join in with the other party animals had been rather more strenuous than she had remembered from her ‘ball-going’ days, and had resulted in a twisted knee.

Hearing a twig crack as someone stepped on it, she turned.

“Oh thank goodness you’re here!”

In all his princely regalia, Prince Dwayne looked rather out of place, but he valiantly stepped up to his regal duty, to rescue the Princess, again.

Scooping her up in his arms, he teetered slightly, but righted himself, and carried Candicella back to the waiting carriage.

“My dear,” he said as he glanced down at her footwear, “I can see why you needed rescuing…glass slippers are much more ‘you!”

1. princevenusa
    May 16, 2017 @ 10:14:09

Follow back guys please

2. Trackback: Writespiration Round Up 2016 | Sacha Black
  3. Sacha Black
    Oct 28, 2016 @ 13:41:58

I LOVE this!!!!!! absolutely love a twist on a real fairytale. Thank you for joining in 😀 ❤

4. girlandworld
    Oct 15, 2016 @ 11:59:33

Loved this name cadicella…n needless to say that u wrote it beautifully

5. amommasview
    Oct 15, 2016 @ 02:38:27

Now that was an entertaining read 🙂 Well done!

6. D. Wallace Peach
    Oct 14, 2016 @ 17:18:31

Ha. Nice, Ritu. Love the retelling of the classic!

7. dornahainds
    Oct 14, 2016 @ 15:50:22

Fabulous! 🌹

8. neelwritesblog
    Oct 14, 2016 @ 07:41:11

I just loved this one, sis!

Oct 14, 2016 @ 02:46:32

Double high-five on this one Sister!!

10. Wanda Luthman
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 21:03:28

Looking up at the only glint of sun in the deep forest, she wondered if her prince would ever come. She got up and dusted herself off.

“I don’t need a prince. I can find my way out of this magical forest all by my self,” she declared to no one in particular.

A nearby squirrel overheard her and asked, “Hi, there lovely lady. Are you looking for the way out of the forest?”

“Hummm, yes, but I’ve never talked to a squirrel before,” she replied.

“Well, you’ve never been in a place like this before either,” he said, “Come on, follow me.”

He ran off and she sprinted after him.

That squirrel is fast, she thought. She was nearly out of breath.

Then, she was in the meadow in the bright day light and the forest lay behind her. She was out!

“Oh, thank you, dear little squirrel,” she said between heavy breaths.

The squirrel was nowhere to be seen. She looked this way and that, but nothing, no one.

Then, a deep voice came from behind her, “Well, there you are my lovely princess. I’ve been wondering when I would meet you.”

She turned and there was the most handsome man she handsome man she had ever seen. Now, she was breathless, but for a totally different reason!

11. Judy Martin
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 20:56:36

Ha Ha! I love your take on this Sis 🙂

12. TanGental
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 20:47:05

excellent..

13. Robert Matthew Goldstein
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 20:15:28

Nicely done, Ritu!

Oct 13, 2016 @ 20:04:27

Oh, my, Sis! This is just amazing lovely. Your fantasy and ideas are beatuiful!

15. Sri Sudha K