#JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 2nd/17 – Time

My entry for day 2  of #JusJoJan with Linda G Hill.

The Just Jot It January 2nd prompt, brought to you by JoAnna, from her blog “Anything is Possible,” is: “Time.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to JoAnna as well! Here’s her blog: https://joannesilvia.com/

Just reading the prompt word brought the Cher song, “If I Could Turn Back Time” to my mind.

We can’t though, can we?

There are so many things that happen in life, so many events of note, conversations that change the path of your life. Some for better, some for worse.

It’s great if you are one of those people who are able to take a breath, and think before you speak or act, but let’s be honest, I think there are a lot of us who tend to be more impulsive with our reactions.

There are times when that impulsiveness will work in your favour, but many a time, that good old thing called ‘hindsight’ kicks in, and you wish you hadn’t said that or wish that these words had tumbled out of your mouth.

Thing is, we can’t turn back the clock, and revisit that same time, or moment.

And the way that things work out will depend on the reactions of the others around you. If you’re lucky, a simple retraction or apology might work, but sometimes you may have crossed the line. Trust broken, hearts shattered, dream bubbles burst.

Once that trust breaks, though, can you repair it? Will a patch up work, or is that crack going to be visible forever?

“Everything  happens for a reason.”

So they say.

But when you are wallowing in a sea of misery, because of something stupid you said or did, you can’t help but wonder what that reason was.

If only we could turn back time

Time – a Tanka

Once a moment goes
You can’t get it back again
Can’t change anything
Revisit it, remember
It’ll always be the same

Ritu 2017jjj-2017

Jan 03, 2017 @ 01:38:30

This should be my signature song ! Great post Ritu!

2. Bee Halton
    Jan 02, 2017 @ 21:11:40

Happy new year my dear 🙂 may you find the reasons 🙂

Jan 02, 2017 @ 18:54:05

I am often saying things that I regret as I am pretty impulsive!

A great post, Sis 🙂

4. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jan 02, 2017 @ 17:57:55

So true and very wise. Good points, Ritu.

5. JoAnna
    Jan 02, 2017 @ 17:55:10

I’ve been accused of taking too long to answer questions, but that has kept me out of trouble. I’ve made plenty of blunders by being spontaneous and the person who is last to forgive me is me. Sometimes the best we can do is learn from our mistakes and not beat ourselves up for them. Working on that.

6. dornahainds
    Jan 02, 2017 @ 15:50:34

Such Fabulous Truths!

Jan 02, 2017 @ 13:02:13

Wow, this is so true! Once the trust is broken it leaves a bitter taste and it is almost impossible to go beyond and blend it out. Once the plate is broken it leaves a mark even if glued together again!

8. Lucy Mitchell
    Jan 02, 2017 @ 12:58:30

My fav pop song is Cher ‘if I could turn back time’ BTW!
    Great thought provoking post Ritu