The Soundtrack Of My Life – English Edition

The lovely Em Linthorpe took part in a great music tag post and said that if we wanted to, we could join in!

soundtrack of my life

Simply, this tag is just picking 7 songs that could be described as forming “The Soundtrack Of My Life”.

You know me, I have a really rich, colourful and international background so it is hard to think of just seen songs, that you would all understand! So I decided to do to two posts! This one with western songs, and a second with International songs, that have influenced my life!

There is no rhyme nor reason to the songs I have chosen, but they are all songs that take me back to great times, or just get me singing straight away!

1 – Goodness Gracious Me!

This song was on a cassette tape that my parents would play in the car on long journeys and we giggled along to the accent of Peter Sellers! Such a funny song!

2 Especially For You – Kylie and Jason

I know, I know, cheesy! But I was a HUGE Neighbours fan growing up and they were my idols as a tween!

3. Boom Shak-a-Lack – Apache Indian

At Sixth Form, a new sensation, Apache Indian appeared int he charts, for a while. Yes he was indian, but he sang Ragga and Dancehall and I loved his silly songs!

4 – Don’t Let Go – En Vogue

I loved the soulful, sexy way these girls sang, and felt like such an appropriate song for me when it was released, and due to my own situation at the time.

5 – Close To You – The Carpenters

This is just such a beautiful song, and I love to sing it!! Ever since I heard it for the first time, it takes me back to happy places in my mind! I sometimes sing it to my kids, changing lyrics to suit them!

6. Superwoman – Karyn White

When things get me down, as a mum, wife and teacher, this is what I sing to myself! I know I am loved, but this helps me wallow in musical mud!

7. Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran

I know it is probably the most overplayed song in the world right now, but it is such a great song! And I have loved listening to all the variations that people have come up with! I especially like the Bhangra versions that have been remixed, so I am sharing one of those!

I’m not sure what you’ll learn about me from these songs, apart from the fact that my taste is rather eclectic, and that I must have had a rather cheesy upbringing lol! Still, I love em all!!!!!

If you would like to take part, please do, it’s a great way to revisit songs that have meant something in your life!

Look out for Part 2 – The International Version – coming soon!

May 14, 2017 @ 17:51:55

What great choices, Sis. I love a good cheesy number as you know! I like Boom-Shak-A-Lak too, haven’t heard it for ages!!!

2. Rae Longest
    May 13, 2017 @ 22:07:39

This was fun! Thanks for sharing.

May 13, 2017 @ 19:53:21

Wow, wonderful songs which truly make a soundtrack. I love all of them. And how can Ed Sheeran ever be overplayed… lol!

4. Em Linthorpe
    May 13, 2017 @ 18:14:01

Finally got around to reading it…I love it. I loved that Apache Indian song and hadforgotten about it…so this was a welcome reminder. I’m off to read your other post and I’ll link them up with mine this evening. Thank you SO much for taking part xx

5. desertcurmudgeon
    May 13, 2017 @ 16:19:15

What ever happened to En Vogue? I thought they were fantastic and then they seemed to just disappear.

6. Lisa A.
    May 13, 2017 @ 13:39:58

Cool post, Ritu! I might take you up on this one.

May 13, 2017 @ 12:14:55

Running backwards today, and this is as fantastic as the International one!! 🤗🤔💖💟💝🎆

8. scskillman
    May 13, 2017 @ 12:09:16

I enjoyed listening to your selection of songs – they made me feel quite nostalgic!

9. Trackback: The Soundtrack Of My Life – International Edition | But I Smile Anyway...