Summer Writing Plans!

If you have been reading my blog you will have heard me mention that I am going to attempt to get more writing done on my Teenage WIP this holiday.

Life is never so easy though.

When I made these little promises to myself, you know August being a mini RiNoWriMo (Ritu’s Novel Writing Month!), I didn’t know that the family was about to throw six thousand functions at us too!

(Ok, six thousand is a bit of an exaggeration but still, you get my drift?)

So, four weddings, consisting of at least eight functions, a couple of prayers at the temple, along with play dates with the kids friends, and of course, working out when I can spend a week with my parents means that this particular idea is not really going to work as I had hoped!

But I am still determined to do something.

IMG_20170727_211447_920

Last night, I dug out the printed version of what I have done so far, and my original notebook with my story plans sketched out. I have post it notes ready, and I thought why not use one of the lovely gifts from my class (a diary) to keep track of when I can write, and how much I manage!

So, I have to admit to myself, that it may not be a completed first draft by the end of my summer holidays, but it should be a much more beefed up version!

As soon as Hubby Dearest leaves for work, I should get on my PC or sit with my notes, and try and use that peaceful time when the kids are asleep, to progress further…

Well, that’s the plan, anyway!

Wish me luck, and keep pushing me Peeps! I need you to make me carry on!

1. Florence
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 20:00:41

Good luck to you! I could so with some too as I start my own journey in to writing.

2. Trackback: Summer Writing Plans – SEO
  3. You Can Always Start Now
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 02:11:24

It is 10:06 here so you are four hours ahead of me so now officially August 1st for you. I am shameless going to use your novel writing month and tag along with you as I need a deadline. So I will be popping in to see if you are posting on how you are doing while I plug away at my own writing as I need the push/motivation.

4. 2catspluskids
    Jul 30, 2017 @ 22:38:26

You can do it! Good luck

5. Lisa A.
    Jul 30, 2017 @ 19:57:54

You’ll do it, Ritu! I believe in you! ❤ You’ve already written a book before! My a$$ needs to start up with finishing my book! Lol. I saw someone say they get up at 5 a.m. to do it. I think I’m going to try that too.

6. Jennifer
    Jul 30, 2017 @ 00:47:09

Good luck Ritu. I was looking at August and thinking of trying my own mini…who knows. I’ll definitely decide on Tuesday.

Jul 29, 2017 @ 16:09:07

You will do it Sis! You are a whirling dervish!! 🙂

8. Gloria
    Jul 29, 2017 @ 16:02:34

Seems like we’re both at the same stage Ritu! Good luck!

9. Jennie
    Jul 29, 2017 @ 15:39:04

You go, girl!

Jul 29, 2017 @ 12:48:39

Good luck , ☺️💜🌹💗💜💜😖💜

11. fattymccupcakes
    Jul 29, 2017 @ 02:11:18

Good luck, Ritu!

12. Michael
    Jul 29, 2017 @ 01:52:41

Sounds like a great plan Ritu, I’m sure you’ll share the future publication date with us all. Good luck.

Jul 29, 2017 @ 01:14:43

Take advantage of whatever time that pops up Sister!! As long as you make any progress forward
    it’s all good!!

14. TanGental
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 22:02:48

Doh. You don’t undrstand thr concept of ‘busy’. You’ll do this… just a page at a time

15. April Munday
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 20:00:37

Just do it. You don’t need hours at a time. When I was at work I used to write while I ate my lunch. I do write by hand, though, which makes it easier to write during odd minutes. You’ve taken the first step of getting the typescript out, start scribbling.

16. Elan Mudrow
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 19:56:09

I like your organization. Good luck.

17. Gary
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 19:53:39

Shades of me going on here Ritu, this week has been hopeless for me to get my manuscript finished. Four or five flipping chapters, how hard can it be?? I think it’s routine adjustment syndrome akin to a toddler being tipped into a new schedule!

Good luck with RiNoWriMo #GaTu

Jul 28, 2017 @ 19:51:05

Having a plan is the most important thing…. and then you will find ways to squeeze it in whenever a time window shows up. Good luck, sis!!

19. alongtheinterstice
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 19:13:26

may the muses be kind…did NaNoWriMo for the first time last year and it is, well, I finished what i would call the pre-draft to the first draft. That gave me a little less sense of pressure to “get it just right” as i went along.

and i’m sure they will be understanding if you work on your notes during the wedding ceremonies. 😉

20. IreneDesign2011
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 18:33:20

I feel sure, that you can do it, Ritu 🙂

21. Teagan Geneviene
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 18:26:45

You can do it Ritu. Not just more but all the way to “the end.” Hugs.

Jul 28, 2017 @ 18:12:46

Writing early in the morning if you have a very busy life is a great idea, Ritu. I get up at 5am on weekends so that I can write for 3 hours before the household starts to wake up and I get a fair bit done in that time.

23. pranabaxom
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 18:08:10

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
    Just promise to yourself that you are going to fast on those four wedding receptions if you are not done with a certain portion of your novel by that date and before you know it, your novel will be finished before summer is over😊
    Good luck.

24. Michael
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 18:08:07

Life has a habit of getting in the way !

25. afternoonofsundries
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 18:00:49

Go Ritu Go! Go Ritu Go! Write that story! Goooooo Ritu!

26. MarinaSofia
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 17:57:29

Good luck, those family conspiracies during the holidays can really work against us, but wishing you some moments of stillness and creativity!